The 2023-2024 Sam Howell thread

aceinthehouse

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I said before that I'm all-in on Howell, at present.

I actually I’m so thankful we drafted this kid like we got lucky!!! I scouted so much tape on all those guys that year I wouldn’t have let Howell out the second but they played the draft perfectly. This dude can play ball. My buddy said it’s a bad class he wouldn’t want any. He’s biasly a Chargers fan and is spoiled with Herbert. I told him one will be good and if I’d bet and had to take one from this class I believe it be Sam it was the first year I scouted the class like it was my job and not as a fan and it’s just cool we got him I believe this team and him will progress as a unit especially with EB

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Daniel Snyder spent almost his entire tenure as owner trying to find a franchise QB. It would be quite hilarious if he sells and Howell ends up immediately being that guy lol

Would be sweet. Like the dark cloud has been lifted!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Daniel Snyder spent almost his entire tenure as owner trying to find a franchise QB. It would be quite hilarious if he sells and Howell ends up immediately being that guy lol

The Hollywood ending we deserve

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I'm so ready for football season.

I want to see this kid play a full season. I'm hoping EB & the Offense has plenty of RPO's for Sam.

It's what he ran so much at North Carolina & I think it could disguise, what I believe is a weak O-line. (I hope they're better, than what I believe they are)

Anyways, there's something about Sam Howell that's mysterious.

Like how he went from being a sure fire 1st round pick (if not 1st QB taken), to falling to the 5th Rd after staying another yr in college. It's also like he didn't play bad. It just wasn't as great as the year before.

Here's a stat you may not know....

Did you know he threw a TD pass in every college game in his career?

Add Dallas to that list from the finale last season.

I think it's dangerous to assume Washington is going to suck in 23' when Wentz & Heinicke we're starting.

And this winner we have now is assentially a rookie, younger & can run as good if not better than the other 2.

And Chase Young playing in a contract year?

You know he's getting 15+ sacks for that reason alone.

I think this team surprises people.

I also think Bienemy was a great hire & probably why I am optimistic.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Video gif. A woman taking a sip of water accidentally spits it out when she begins to laugh.

I sure hope Chase does. A lot of people are going to be eating some crow & admitting they were wrong especially so-called insider reporters who report on the team and talk about him on the radio.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

That's what talented players do when getting paid is more important, than being a team player.

Or, or... When a player tears a ligament and a tendon in the same knee it's impossible for them to get any sacks/stats in the season & a half they missed with the injury the last time I checked. 🤷🏼‍♂️

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

That's what talented players do when getting paid is more important, than being a team player.

Haha way to stir the pot.  True though, even if he just showed up as a decoy a couple games earlier (well after he was cleared) we probably would have made the playoffs.  We should enjoy him this season because, no matter how talented he is, I doubt the cost benefit will add up after his rookie deal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Or, or... When a player tears a ligament and a tendon in the same knee it's impossible for them to get any sacks/stats in the season & a half they missed with the injury the last time I checked. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Shoulda just been 16 games though ... he was medically cleared in Nov 2022 but is giant immature baby and didn't want to be a team contributor. 

Luckily for us, the UFDAs and vet minimum bench players gave us more production anyways, so was probably a win....