Game six postmortem - get the shovel out and dig this team a grave.

Old Guy

It's over! There is no coming back from those last two games. Defense sucks, offense sucks and special teams suck. The coaching sucks as well. 

This team needs to be sellers at the trade deadline and show Rodgers the door after this season, whether he likes it or not.

Complete malpractice by Gute for not trading his *** two years ago when he started Favreing  because he didn't get a new contract. Could have loaded up on picks and had a softer fall and quick rebuild. 

I'm not blaming Rodgers for this loss. It was another total collapse on all levels. The light some may see at the end of the tunnel is a train, coming straight for us. It may suck to be Packers fans for a few years. Gute lost his chance to keep us relevant by catering to a Primadonna QB rather than moving on. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Look, I don't want to see Rodgers get hurt, but I'd sure like to see Jordan Love for 3-4 games to see if he can improve and develop. Also, as @CWood21mentioned, it would be nice to see MLF's offense run by a quarterback who runs it, rather than decide he's going to do his own thing. 

You turn to Jordan Love, you're effectively throwing the towel in on the season.  It's probably going to take 2-3 games for Love to get comfortable, and by that point the Packers could be 3-6.  Going 3-6 with 8 games remaining isn't leaving any room for error as long as Minnesota keeps tripping into wins.

• Like 1

Just now, GHARMON9 said:

What is the metric for you guys to consider a defense good? 

I was told and believe if your defense can hold an offense to 21 points of less. you did you job.

If you look at all the high draft picks on that defense, it is not thinking too big to think they would be dominant. They are below average and do not seem capable of taking over a game. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

You turn to Jordan Love, you're effectively throwing the towel in on the season.  It's probably going to take 2-3 games for Love to get comfortable, and by that point the Packers could be 3-6.  Going 3-6 with 8 games remaining isn't leaving any room for error as long as Minnesota keeps tripping into wins.

Not what I was suggesting. No way you can replace Rodgers at QB right now. I was suggesting I'd like to see Love play 3-4 games and run MFL's offense. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

If you look at all the high draft picks on that defense, it is not thinking too big to think they would be dominant. They are below average and do not seem capable of taking over a game. 

This is 100% true.  But theyre still not below average. But as far as what we invested into this defense yes, this is bad showing. absolutely terrible value.