Game six postmortem - get the shovel out and dig this team a grave.

Old Guy

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

4)  My unsolicited advice.  Stick with your convictions.  But the internet and this board never forgets.  Research will be done and it isn't hard.  If you get caught in a situation where your current words do not match your prior words, simply own up to it, say "My bad" and move on.  Again, most of us are old and remember being in the same spot.  You will be respected for admitting to a gaffe here and there and all will be well.  Not just on this board, but also in life in general.

this is sticky worthy

• Like 2

14 hours ago, vegas492 said:

4)  My unsolicited advice.  Stick with your convictions.  But the internet and this board never forgets.  Research will be done and it isn't hard.  If you get caught in a situation where your current words do not match your prior words, simply own up to it, say "My bad" and move on.  Again, most of us are old and remember being in the same spot.  You will be respected for admitting to a gaffe here and there and all will be well.  Not just on this board, but also in life in general.

Sorry. Had to respond. Nothing dug up controverted what i said. It would take way  too long to explain those quotes. And I certainly did have a couple embarassing player assessments: but c'est la vie, everyone makes mis-evals and guys get miscast / injured; I know I didn't like Metcalf, I still don't though he's faired better than I thought -- so there's that to learn from. He's still not a good fit nor the sort of player GB likes.

But there's nothing to "own up to". And I'm older than most i guess. I've lived more than several lives already and been to hell and back: been wrongly jailed several times for my "convictions". I know more about that than anyone. I've quit more jobs because of convictions than most on this sub forum have had jobs. I've been jailed, lost jobs, lost income,  lost career,, lost everyhing I own, lost my health meanwhile because of my convictions: and I would do it ten times again. That doesn't  bother me, nor the slanders, the calumnies, the detractions. No. The other things they took from me were a hundred times worse. So, truly you probably don't have any life lessons to teach me.

I'm just here for the entertainment. I don't need to lie. I don't lie, ever. I can misremember and it took me a while to remember my full thought process in 2019. And there's no purpose to try to explain that since it would take a very long time. But I liked the Packers to take players in this order for the first round: Simmons, Lawrence, Dillard. I was very happy with the Jenkins pick (who I had not looked at -- it was a weak tackle class). In fact I believe I wrote Simmons and Lawrence were in my top five FOR Green Bay. As to the rest of my thought process esp as to receiver that was very nuanced. So a statement like "our 2018 receivers played great" meant great considering how far down the draft they were picked. The hands issues and their limitations became more clear in 2019 and 2020. It was a stop gap, but it turned into the FINAL solution: no bueno.

Anyways, unsolicited advice is usually advice that should never be given unless it's close friends. Generally, it's not on point esp on a football forum.

And, yeah. I lurked for six years before I ever posted here. 

Edited by JaireAlex

14 hours ago, vegas492 said:

You've got more of the "get off my lawn" crowd here than teenagers!  Except for @Norm he's more of a "Get off my barstool!" kind of guy.

Nailed it. Thanks for that. It makes sense. Norm, too

I remember many years ago that wasn't the case on this subforum. Discussions and participants, both, were insightful and friendly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Nailed it. Thanks for that. It makes sense. Norm, too

I remember many years ago that wasn't the case on this subforum. Discussions and participants, both, were insightful and friendly.

They mostly still are.  At least my interactions over many years have been this way. 

I'm sorry if you are not having the same kind of experience.

Again, I dig your resolve.  And your convictions.  And I'll still tell you this....sometimes it is best to say "my bad" and move on.  Not just on this board, either.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

They mostly still are.  At least my interactions over many years have been this way. 

I'm sorry if you are not having the same kind of experience.

Again, I dig your resolve.  And your convictions.  And I'll still tell you this....sometimes it is best to say "my bad" and move on.  Not just on this board, either.  

Interesting.

I don't think it's "my bad." I'm always thinking, rethinking, revising. And I value the discussions since I do learn from it. The present mess is puzzling. So, what may seem "my bad" is probably just me working through things, taking others good points into consideration, revising. I know the 2019 draft was a complex process. I like most the picks this year; that's not the prob. It's where, when, how do they fit, and having much bigger immediate needs. Actually, that's why I like the draft, building, etc in football so much: because there are a hundred moving parts and several dozen decisions and priorities, as well as personalities, etc.