Is Aaron Rodgers done?

notthatbluestuff

On 11/7/2022 at 9:52 AM, Tommy_C said:

Idk to me that seems like a bad play call. I'm all for running some trickery at the goal line but to have your OT try and catch a probable jump ball in the end zone just isn't what I'd want. Rodgers throw was hot garbage just like his play has been all year. He's check out.

Not just our OT, our OT that has had 3 knee surgeries in the last 2 years.  A knee that was drained at least 15 times in that time.  He hasn't played an entire game since the injury and rotates with his backup every game.

The play was open, the throw was dog****, Aiden made a great play, the call was bull****.  If this was our best "receiving lineman" Marcedes Lewis, than I would understand the call.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lancerman said:

He was doing this at the end of last year too. This isn't a new thing with him really. He's always missed open guys to be honest. Not the greatest read. He just used to scramble more to buy some extra time and he could hit guys on deep routes towards the sideline better than anyone else so it would nullify a lot of his flaws. Thing is when you are winning and putting up monster stats, nobody wants to fight the battle of "wow he ignores a lot of easy plays.

His receivers aren't great, but he's going to miss some wide open opportunities anyways.  

Rodgers not looking at or missing wide open TE's over the middle has been happening for quite some time.  Packers fans are mostly numb to it by now.

7 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

Not just our OT, our OT that has had 3 knee surgeries in the last 2 years.  A knee that was drained at least 15 times in that time.  He hasn't played an entire game since the injury and rotates with his backup every game.

Which is what made it an even better trick play, who would've expected that you were going to throw him the ball?

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Which is what made it an even better trick play, who would've expected that you were going to throw him the ball?

We've run that play and similar plays with Marcedes Lewis multiple times the last couple of years and he has also been wide open.  He also had a play where he was wide open this same game because nobody covers him, and to be fair many times Rodgers doesn't even look his way when he is wide open.

I didn't like sending out OT that can't play an entire game 2 years after an injury out on a pass play.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

No one has seen him play in a real NFL game with more than a day to prepare as a starter.

No one knows how good or bad he might be.

He looked terrible in his only start and was bad in his final collegiate season. He could be a future HOFer though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He looked terrible in his only start and was bad in his final collegiate season. He could be a future HOFer though.

He did not look terrible in his only start. He played above average for QBs making their first NFL start and did so on 1 day of practice as the starter.

People seriously need a big dose of context.

Again, anyone who has a strong opinion on whether Love will be good or bad are 100% full of schit. They have no clue.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

He did not look terrible in his only start. He played above average for QBs making their first NFL start and did so on 1 day of practice as the starter.

People seriously need a big dose of context.

Again, anyone who has a strong opinion on whether Love will be good or bad are 100% full of schit. They have no clue.

They scored 7 points and he struggled throughout the game. His tape at Utah State in his final season was also pretty damn bad, he was drafted as a traits guy. I agree that it's way too early to say if he's going to be good or not. But based on the small sample size we have and how desperate the Packers were to retain Rodgers indicates that he's probably not ready to start and produce at a high level. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The only reason they'd bench ARod at this point is to actively tank for draft position.

Eh. I dont fully agree. I dont think Love would make the team better, but if they're not going anywhere anyways, they are nearing the point they have to make a decision about Love's future with the team, and right now they have basically no live game action from Love.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Eh. I dont fully agree. I dont think Love would make the team better, but if they're not going anywhere anyways, they are nearing the point they have to make a decision about Love's future with the team, and right now they have basically no live game action from Love.

I can't imagine that Rodgers or the locker room would be thrilled about the idea of him being benched so they can evaluate another guy in what may be his final season. If the season goes completely off the rails I could see the Packers doing it late in the year but not anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This is the prudent move. Start Love the moment we are mathematically eliminated. Would be stupid not to.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I'd give Love a shot.  At this point, the season is over anyway, and Rodgers may not be coming back next season after a year like this.  Might as well see what you have with a guy you invested a first round pick in.

17 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

I think Rodgers retires sooner rather than later, but only if he finds something to occupy his time. Idk maybe will end up with his own talk show where he constantly talks about DMT, and interviews weird guests. 

The obvious move is to go in as folks have already mentioned and save Jeopardy. Mayim Bialik is absolutely awful to listen to and will phase the show out even further. They'd be smart to hire Rodgers as the next Trebek, assuming he wants the gig. But politics on the side of the network may keep him blackballed.

• Like 1