Is Aaron Rodgers done?

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

If you watched that game and came away thinking that Rodgers was the problem, then I would like to start a GoFundMe page for you - lasiks, seeing eye dog, whatever you need.

I feel like he’s one of the only QBs who gets excuses to the extent that he does. All I heard this past offseason was that GB was going to be fine losing Adams because Rodgers makes his receivers and he was going to raise the level of everyone around him. It seems whenever most QBs struggle duo to struggles around them no one cares… but with Rodgers it is never, ever his fault… and when they win it’s all him. He is also seemingly insufferable as a leader, so I’m sure that helps.

• Like 4

Seriously, it’s like no one cares about the context of a QB’s struggles at all unless we’re talking about Aaron Rodgers… then there’s always some excuse. It’s a massive, obvious double standard for a player that so many have said makes the talent around him despite that seemingly not being the case this season.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Was anyone really expecting Rodgers to tear it up with a bunch of rookie WR's and a couple average at best vets? It's a timing based offense, and those wr's are always looking out of rhythm.

People spammed “7-0 without Devante bro” over and  over again 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I feel like he’s one of the only QBs who gets excuses to the extent that he does. All I heard this past offseason was that GB was going to be fine losing Adams because Rodgers makes his receivers and he was going to raise the level of everyone around him. It seems whenever most QBs struggle duo to struggles around them no one cares… but with Rodgers it is never, ever his fault… and when they win it’s all him. He is also seemingly insufferable as a leader, so I’m sure that helps.

What specifically do you feel Rodgers doesn’t deserve a pass for vs the Jets? And I don’t mean “not enough points”, I mean what specifically should he should have done differently.

Edited by Yin-Yang

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

What specifically do you feel Rodgers doesn’t deserve a pass for vs the Jets? And I don’t mean “not enough points”, I mean what specifically should he should have done differently.

Think you might be missing the point. The point is that the double standard when he falls short in comparison to when other QBs  struggle is extremely obvious. We’ll have excuses galore for Rodgers but other QBs just get thrown under the bus. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Think you might be missing the point. The point is that the double standard when he falls short in comparison to when other QBs  struggle is extremely obvious. We’ll have excuses galore for Rodgers but other QBs just get thrown under the bus. 

You quoted me, not the other way around. Do you think I’m giving Rodgers a pass for the offensive performance today, and if so, then what do you think Rodgers is getting a pass on exactly? If you don’t think I’m unfairly giving him a pass, that’s cool, but I don’t really care to pay any mind to what “people” (who aren’t even here) are talking about.

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

He's taken tons of criticism over the years both as a player and for his leadership. He just had back-to-back MVP seasons and has very little offensive talent surrounding him. Unless there's something physically wrong with him that makes people say "he's done", then I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

9 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Maybe the jets are also pretty good?

Much to my surprise, but it’s looking like they’re putting it together 

This.

Rodgers is not done, he is still top tier. His weapons? Not so much. 

But the Jets are also a good football team, people have underestimated them and think they are bad because they been a joke for over a decade. But looking at their roster and not just seeing Jets, they have a very talented young squad. 

• Like 1

He should have been done after losing to the 49ers in the playoffs a 4th time. It's bad enough the only QB in Packers history to ever eliminate the 49ers from the playoffs is now embroiled in scandal. But to stick with a QB after losing to them in the playoffs a 4th time is inexcusable.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

He overall had a very poor performance against an incredibly young defense. The offense had an inability to move the ball the majority of the game unless they were getting phantom calls by the officials. It wasn't the worst game ever but I legitimately don't think he did anything well the entire game