Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

6 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Bears’ remaining opponents: NE, Dal, Mia, Det x2, Atl, NYJ, GB, Phi, Buf, Min

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re underdogs in every remaining game.

Det at home is the only game I could see them winning. They likely steal another one.

32 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I think we somehow end up in the 3-6 range. We end up failing at failing. 

I don't think landing there would be a bad thing to be fair...I believe they have faith in Fields so even if we land at say #4 and Young, Stroud & Anderson go before us there are trade down options for teams who are desperate for a QB like Levis or even to stay there and take the likes of Carter, Murphy or Johnson.

39 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think landing there would be a bad thing to be fair...I believe they have faith in Fields so even if we land at say #4 and Young, Stroud & Anderson go before us there are trade down options for teams who are desperate for a QB like Levis or even to stay there and take the likes of Carter, Murphy or Johnson.

Who are Murphy and Johnson? I'm not saying that to be a smartass. I presume you mean Quentin Johnston but who's Murphy?

Edited by beardown3231

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Johnson is in no way a top 5 pick yet alone top 20. His technique is so sloppy. If he's there at 32-40? Maybe.

I forgot about Myles Murphy. Good call

Johnson has looked way better this year at LT than he did at guard last year...I think his upside lands him in the top 10.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Definitely. I'm just hoping we don't have a repeat of the 2014 draft - won one too many meaningless games and missed out on Aaron Donald. Did it again with Conklin and Leonard Williams, two of my favorite draft prospects. Lol

I'd rather just be crap and not give the GM the "we were going to take him" excuse. 

The biggest factor remaining is "HITS".... if people are still buying in and playing hard, we can likely surprise a team and steal another win or two.

On the other hand, this season also has potential to go trestman levels of bad  where the entire locker room just checks out because everyone knows we're trash....

I'd honestly rather have the first scenario there. The team with some hope is something you can build on...... The team that just gives up is screwed, even next yeaar

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

i almost think bresee would be over murphy since flus seems to really think 3T over DE

1 hour ago, FosterTheSkins said:

I had The Bears winning 5 max of 6 games this year.  I'm sticking with 5 but I don't see 6 victories.

I THINK (too lazy to search) that I had 7 wins? I have been calling a losing season since Poles started making moves like cutting Mack but don't remember the exact number, so 8 wins was the max I could have guessed. 

Either way, you're closer than I was.