Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Want to talk about some Justin Fields posts next? 😉 

Truthfully I am just glad we did something right for once instead of being mediocre yet again. 

Yeah let's do it. What exactly has he done? I don't know that Fields has proven he's their guy for the next 5* years, do you?

On 12/25/2022 at 11:39 AM, Ty21 said:

I thought the thread title was dumb for several months but dear god we might actually get there. 

My skepticism was wrong. Someone make a Race to the Super Bowl thread next season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah let's do it. What exactly has he done? I don't know that Fields has proven he's their guy for the next 5* years, do you?

With a cast of backups, ditch diggers, and used car salesmen around him, he clearly showed he has the IT factor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

With a cast of backups, ditch diggers, and used car salesmen around him, he clearly showed he has the IT factor.

Once again, he hasn't shown anything that can make me say without question he'll be their QB in 2025 and on. Don't get me wrong: I WANT him to, but questioning Fields as the long term guy and saying that the Panthers and Commanders are LOCKS for top 5 picks *and* the Bears roster isn't terrible aren't close

Just now, Ty21 said:

Jaguars got the first pick the year after drafting who they perceive to be their franchise qb. Now they’re in the playoffs. Can we do it too?

It’s actually a hilarious concept because someone on here compared the 2018-19 bears to jaguars before. When they had Ramsay and everything and was a playoff team that collapsed, the bears mirrored them for like 3 years the year after. Now they doing it again?

Just now, Ty21 said:

It’s actually a hilarious concept because someone on here compared the 2018-19 bears to jaguars before. When they had Ramsay and everything and was a playoff team that collapsed, the bears mirrored them for like 3 years the year after. Now they doing it again?

They spent a ton on FA last offseason.  A record I think. Could be wrong. 

Now is possibly the most pivotal time for our franchise (I suppose outside of needing Trubisky to be a hit in 2017). We have the opportunity to absolutely rewrite our future with trades to a qb needy team. No one player at #1 is as valuable as the bevy we could get for trading down. If done right, we might’ve just secured an incredible future.