Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Congrats on getting pick 1.1 

it’ll be a gigantic storyline about who trades up

My first reaction says it’ll be Atlanta 

I honestly wouldn’t be mad if you traded Field and drafted Young or Stroud. 

But you guys gotta get this right whichever route you go. 

For some reason I think Baltimore is going to tag Lamar and trade him to Atlanta, Indy or Vegas

22 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I honestly wouldn’t be mad if you traded Field and drafted Young or Stroud

It’s all riding on fields being the guy. If we got young or stroud we’d have used this pick to essentially be in the same spot we were in last year but a little better potentially. If fields is the guy, that pick mortgages our future and potentially helps build a dynasty. 

18 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

It’s all riding on fields being the guy. If we got young or stroud we’d have used this pick to essentially be in the same spot we were in last year but a little better potentially. If fields is the guy, that pick mortgages our future and potentially helps build a dynasty. 

I love Fields, but I’d be lieing if I said Young and Stroud aren’t better prospects when it comes to pure passing. 

I think Fields can be a franchise QB, but if the Cowboys could trade Dak for Mahomes they would. Sometimes having the better player does matter. I wouldn’t be mad of course if you built around Fields, but if you think Young or Stroud is an improvement you’ve got to take them and trade Fields to recoup some picks. 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I love Fields, but I’d be lieing if I said Young and Stroud aren’t better prospects when it comes to pure passing. 

I think Fields can be a franchise QB, but if the Cowboys could trade Dak for Mahomes they would. Sometimes having the better player does matter. I wouldn’t be mad of course if you built around Fields, but if you think Young or Stroud is an improvement you’ve got to take them and trade Fields to recoup some picks. 

You know what you have with Dak and Mahomes. You don’t with any of those three players. If Stroud’s best target was Dante Pettis instead of Marvin Harrison Jr, would he look as good? If Young’s best lineman was Sam Mustipher, would he have been able to even get a pass off this year? They both are extremely gifted QBs but would they succeed in the same situation Fields was in this year? Is Fields’ perceived shortcomings on him or on the historically bad supporting cast? As it stands, the team, the town, and the future belong to Fields. He’s a leader and made several plays not many other people could this year to make us at least appear competent at times. At this point, I want to use everything we have to build around him, not tear it down and fail all over again with another maybe. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

At this point, I want to use everything we have to build around him, not tear it down and fail all over again with another maybe. 

I feel you bro absolutely 

You just gotta have that confidence to stick with Fields if you’re gonna go that route. 

If I’m Chicago I’m trying to trade down with either the 3 or 4 spot so I can guarantee I still get either Carter or Anderson

Edited by brownie man

9 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Dream scenario is trade down with Houston for 1.2, 2.2, 4.2, then trade w/ either Detroit or Seattle for their 2 1s.

Absolutely. In the Texans forum a guy suggested trading their 3rd and Cooks for our swap of firsts. It doesn’t sound bad in that we’d be up just from the Texans being idiots today. Cooks contract would be eaten a bit by Texans to trade him and he becomes another (competent) 2 on our team. Then we could trade down again for more picks and still get a decent edge or receiver. Or even OL. 

I just hope we try to do the absolute most trading down 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

love Fields, but I’d be lieing if I said Young and Stroud aren’t better prospects when it comes to pure passing. 

The flipside is that I don't think Stroud or Young could survive an entire season behind this offensive line. They aren't mobile enough.

• Like 1

I'd expect some questions from outside the bears fan base about trading fields and drafting Stroud. It wouldn't surprise me if the bears scouts were pushing this on purpose.  I think the telling thing will be how few bears fans who watch all the games will be wanting to trade fields, even given a hypothetical insane haul of picks plus getting your new QB. 

Everything has a price of course, but for me at least the price would be **** you money in football terms. Like getting a new QB first overall, plus multiple firsts plus an OL. Silly stuff.