Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

17 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Could make the argument that all these teams need QB help (Cardinals do but probably don't have the ability to get away from Kyler's contract)

I don't see Cardinals as a team with a QB need. Kyler is a pretty decent QB and very similar to Fields to be honest

They are a team that I'd be worried about taking Will Anderson if I'm Poles and I'm thinking to trade down

Just now, topwop1 said:

I don't see Cardinals as a team with a QB need. Kyler is a pretty decent QB and very similar to Fields to be honest

They are a team that I'd be worried about taking Will Anderson if I'm Poles and I'm thinking to trade down

I think Kyler's injury and the fact I am not sure how many coaches outside of KK (who is probably about to get fired) would want to hitch their wagon to Murray...

I would be more worried if I thought they wanted Carter than Anderson.

Since we saw a perfect scenario play out today to get us #1 what if we see the same when it comes to moving around?...

Bears trade pick #1 (3000 points) to Seahawks trade pick #5 + #18 + #50 (3000 points)

1. Seahawks - QB Bryce Young

2. Texans - QB CJ Stroud

3. Cardinals - Edge Will Anderson

4. Colts - QB Will Levis

5. Bears - DT Jalen Carter

Still with Pick #18 to maybe get a WR like Jordan Addison and then have two 2nd round picks for a DE & a OL...Lukas Van Ness & Darnell Wright? Likely to happen? No...but neither was getting the pick in the first place...thanks again Lovie hahaha

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Since we saw a perfect scenario play out today to get us #1 what if we see the same when it comes to moving around?...

Bears trade pick #1 (3000 points) to Seahawks trade pick #5 + #18 + #50 (3000 points)

2. Texans - QB CJ Stroud

4. Colts - QB Will Levis

Still with Pick #18 to maybe get a WR like Jordan Addison and then have two 2nd round picks for a DE & a OL...Lukas Van Ness & Darnell Wright? Likely to happen? No...but neither was getting the pick in the first place...thanks again Lovie hahaha

Uh yes, all day every day for that

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

2. Texans - QB CJ Stroud

4. Colts - QB Will Levis

Please sir, it's already been close to four hours and my doctor isn't answering

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Doubting he’s there. Assuming his health checks out I’ll be absolutely shocked if he’s not gone in the top 20 picks. 

Anything is possible. I think Addison might be the best receiver for what you’d want in this class, a guy that finds open zones, runs good routes, and can get separation short and far. I think Johnston is overrated but too 2 receiver taken. I think Hyatt isn’t the best in the class but could go top 2 just based on his speed and separation that may not even come into play at the next level. Josh Downs rounds it out as another guy that could go in the first. All guys that theoretically could leapfrog JSN after JSN has exhibited injury concerns 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Anything is possible. I think Addison might be the best receiver for what you’d want in this class, a guy that finds open zones, runs good routes, and can get separation short and far. I think Johnston is overrated but too 2 receiver taken. I think Hyatt isn’t the best in the class but could go top 2 just based on his speed and separation that may not even come into play at the next level. Josh Downs rounds it out as another guy that could go in the first. All guys that theoretically could leapfrog JSN after JSN has exhibited injury concerns 

By the combine JSN will be almost 5 months removed from playing in a game. Any muscular injury should be long since healed by then, and from there the tape will tell the story. I’m a huge fan of Addison as well. 

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

NGL I’d rather have taken a shot in JSN at 33 (32) than Claypool playing at his peak 

Jalin Hyatt is the guy I want in that range.... I've got a mid first round grade on him personally and ranked above JSN

There's also some damn good OL prospects in that range.

EDIT: Also really interested to see if Quentin Johnston-WR can have a big game 2morrow night in the Nat. Championship as well.... His game has flaws and I wasn't super high on him when starting my research, but he's balled out in the CFB Playoff game, and against a non big12 team.  If he can still look like a beast against Georgia, it'll  be really hard to not at least consider him.

Edited by Epyon

5 hours ago, Epyon said:

EDIT: Also really interested to see if Quentin Johnston-WR can have a big game 2morrow night in the Nat. Championship as well.... His game has flaws and I wasn't super high on him when starting my research, but he's balled out in the CFB Playoff game, and against a non big12 team.  If he can still look like a beast against Georgia, it'll  be really hard to not at least consider him.

Need it watch it warily. He didn’t really ball out in the playoff game. He had multiple drops (one was way off the mark, but it touched his palm. As a next level receiver if you can get an entire hand on a ball, it’s on you). Routinely got blown up at the line when the corner was in man. His two biggest plays: a Michigan corner blitzed and the Michigan defense opted to not cover him with anyone so he had free yards. The big td he had was either a terribly run route by him where he runs a drag and pulls it in to back within the LOS again or it’s by design. Another play Michigan didn’t play well. He ran unattended too often despite being essentially the only player of value for them once Kendre went down. Then a little twitch on the corner enabled him to just run the rest of the way. 

Things to look for from Quentin that we need to be extra vigilant on after Kevin White: his route running, release, how he does against man coverage, consistency of catches. 

He’s probably better than I see, he’s just the first I’ve broken down and critiqued beyond casually watching + a highlight film like the rest. I will need to do the same for JSN too and Addison to find reasons not to like them. I think Hyatt in particular is the biggest question mark to me right now because his highlights were just him beating slow corners, having a 15 yard cushion almost every time and making big plays lol

we mostly got the best case scenario here, the Cardinals winning and the Falcons losing were really the only other things I was rooting for.

Looking at some precedence, we can obviously use the Mitch deal as what we should be talking to Houston about. That would net us a High 3rd (#65) and a 5th, plus they have a bunch of 6th rounders and a bad front office, so maybe we steal one of those too?

After that, the precedence gets alittle wonky, as it seems like Miami didnt get enough for the Lance trade, but that was also for the #3 QB and done so early, it was weird, so was ther corresponding trade up for Wadle. Then we traded nearly the same (or more) to go get Fields). But then you go back alittle further to the Darnold deal where they got 3 2nd rounders to move down 3 spots. So if we were to make a deal with Atlanta (currently the lowest Im comfortable moving to) I think a Return for Dropping to #8 might look something like a 2024 1st, a 2nd (#39), one of their 4th rounders, and possibly even one of their 5th rounders.

If we can make multiple moves to go from #1 to #8 and rack up a '24 1st, 2nd (#39), 3rd (#65), a 4th, a 5th (maybe two) and maybe a 6th... Id sign up for that all day every day. And were still likely getting Myles Murphy, Tyree Wilson or Bryan Bresee, worst case scenario it would be Peter Soronski (or the last  QB is still there for another Trade, but unlikely).

That would be like adding an entire extra draft class to this roster, Id even be OK if some of these are future picks (obviously would need to be increased a round) but we can use those assets to get some Vets from other teams.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Things to look for from Quentin that we need to be extra vigilant on after Kevin White: his route running, release, how he does against man coverage, consistency of catches. 

Kevin white gives me nightmares.  Cant believe he became a bust after we got him.