Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

I saw on twitter someone floated the idea of trading back with the Colts and getting their 1st & 2nd this year plus another 1st in next year's draft  and Deforest Buckner

I would absolutely do that trade to move down 3 spots and potentially still get a guy like Will Anderson or if he's gone theb Jalen Carter or if Bears don't like Carter then trade down again with a QB needy team and grab a guy like Myles Murphy or even Pete Skoronski to shore up the OL.

If Colts unwilling to budge on Buckner then more draft picks would be just fine too

Possibilities are endless. Needless to say this is the most excited I've ever been for a draft as a Bears fan. Let's go!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I saw on twitter someone floated the idea of trading back with the Colts and getting their 1st & 2nd this year plus another 1st in next year's draft  and Deforest Buckner

I would absolutely do that trade to move down 3 spots and potentially still get a guy like Will Anderson or if he's gone theb Jalen Carter or if Bears don't like Carter then trade down again with a QB needy team and grab a guy like Myles Murphy or even Pete Skoronski to shore up the OL.

If Colts unwilling to budge on Buckner then more draft picks would be just fine too

Possibilities are endless. Needless to say this is the most excited I've ever been for a draft as a Bears fan. Let's go!

The one thing I would say about any trade that involves both picks & players needs to be done well before FA starts…preferably before the combine so we can really zero in on what we have and what we still need.

14 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Running into Caleb Williams & Drake Maye next year he would be crazy not to declare.

Agreed, but Stroud not being in this draft class increases scarcity at the top of the position and as such the value of our #1 pick. He’d be going back to a squad with Harrison and Egbuka at WR with Henderson in the backfield too, plus all of the typical OSU blue chippers all over the field. He’d almost surely show out again next year. He’d have to tank pretty bad in an ideal situation to not be at least QB3 next year (and as such almost certainly a top 10 pick), and I’m sure he’d get a boatload of NIL money next year too.

I wouldn’t think he goes back, but can see where it could happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agreed, but Stroud not being in this draft class increases scarcity at the top of the position and as such the value of our #1 pick. He’d be going back to a squad with Harrison and Egbuka at WR with Henderson in the backfield too, plus all of the typical OSU blue chippers all over the field. He’d almost surely show out again next year. He’d have to tank pretty bad in an ideal situation to not be at least QB3 next year (and as such almost certainly a top 10 pick), and I’m sure he’d get a boatload of NIL money next year too.

He'd have to be a fool to go back, he's arguably QB1 in this draft.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

He'd have to be a fool to go back, he's arguably QB1 in this draft.

Maybe, but I think most will have Young there. Both seem to have the leadership thing down pretty well. Young is smaller, but was just as good this year with far less around him than in prior years. CJ has never not had 2 1st round WRs and then some at his disposal. Stroud kinda stunk against Michigan this year too. All of that is splitting hairs for sure, but it’s something. With that said, Young’s size will probably matter more to some than others too, not so much the height but the slightness of frame at about 185 lb. I wonder how much bulk he could carry. Could he get to 200 lbs? It might matter. 

For the record, I do think Stroud definitely declares. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Lots of valid points here…just think in this class there is plenty of argument as to who the best option is at the next level…next season I see no argument…Williams then Maye then Stroud then of course everything can change but those two talents are really good.

I don't get all the Bryce Young love at #1 overall.  He's not just small, he's the smallest of the small good guys.  Russ Wilson and Kyler Murray look like massive men next to him.  People trying to compare him to Brees, Brees was 6'1" 215.  Young is MAYBE 5'10 185.  By the end of the season he'll be closer to 170 than 190.  And you're going to tell me he can take the hits JF1 took this year. Stroud has been my #1 since the start of the year and I haven't seen any reason to change that opinion.  And he's Justin Fields lite, why would I want JF lite when I have JF already

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Young would be more concussed than Tua behind this line 

Oh shuddup. He's all ready to play for Chicago.

little-giants-bubble-boy.gif

😁

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I don't get all the Bryce Young love at #1 overall.  He's not just small, he's the smallest of the small good guys.  Russ Wilson and Kyler Murray look like massive men next to him.  People trying to compare him to Brees, Brees was 6'1" 215.  Young is MAYBE 5'10 185.  By the end of the season he'll be closer to 170 than 190.  And you're going to tell me he can take the hits JF1 took this year. Stroud has been my #1 since the start of the year and I haven't seen any reason to change that opinion.  And he's Justin Fields lite, why would I want JF lite when I have JF already

Lets be real, not only could he not survive behind this OL (which admittedly there is zero excuse for it not to be significantly better in 2023) but he couldn't take the hits Fields DELIVERED.

For everyone's viewing pleasure.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I saw one where the Bears traded FIelds for 1.2, then drafted Anderson and Carter.

Didn't bother to read further, one tank season was enough, I don't care to do it twice in two years. If I KNOW that one of these QBs in Mahomes, Brees, etc then I'd trade Fields in a heartbeat, but I'm beyond skeptical anyone turns out that good. I have more confidence in Fields than any of them and it isn't even close.

10 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I said it a while ago but anyone who doesn’t think Justin Fields would be the clear cut 1st overall pick in this draft is crazy…when you stack the two as NFL prospects there is no reason to pick Young over Fields…

Albert Breer has nailed it for me…if your not fully behind Fields or even if you don’t know trade out of #1 this year and pick up a 1st for next year…best case scenario Fields continues to develop and you have two draft picks including one potentially high pick from the trade to get even more talent around him…worst case scenario you have two first round picks to move up yourself and get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye who are both better prospects than anything in this years draft.

• Like 1