Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

4 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

The implication is that they will be unbelievably good. The reality is it could go either way.

It should really come down to how far they’re willing to move down. If they only go down to 4 the return will probably be strong but not overwhelming. If they go down to 7 or beyond I think we can expect a pretty huge windfall of draft capital present and future. I don’t think 5 or 6 are really viable trade options. I would think Poles would have to get really overpaid to potentially put the #1 overall pick QB in our own division, and I think Pete Carroll being 71 probably means he won’t want to go the rookie QB route.

SEA makes more sense to me for Rodgers than it does the #1 pick. I’m not sure why this doesn’t have legs publicly tbh. They have two stud receivers and a strong RB, and also have 2 picks in each of the 1st and 2nd round this year, plus a coach probably in his last few years. Seems like a perfect match to me.

3 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

This could prove to be fruitfully spectacular for us.

This was a pretty big nothing burger for me.

KK preferring Young to Stroud or Levis, which him offering a scholarship to Young in 8th grade almost 10 years ago doesn’t exactly confirm, doesn’t mean the front office there would all of a sudden be willing to pay substantially more to move up from 2 to 1 than they would without KK’s preference.

Also, offering football scholarships to 13-year olds is absurd.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

This was a pretty big nothing burger for me.

KK preferring Young to Stroud or Levis, which him offering a scholarship to Young in 8th grade almost 10 years ago doesn’t exactly confirm, doesn’t mean the front office there would all of a sudden be willing to pay substantially more to move up from 2 to 1 than they would without KK’s preference.

Also, offering football scholarships to 13-year olds is absurd.

I don't think it has to mean anything major to be honest...

All it has to do is create uncertainty among multiple teams...the more confusion and doubt that is created the more any team who really wants Young (or any other QB) will give up for him.

On 2/10/2023 at 1:00 PM, Bigbear72 said:

This could prove to be fruitfully spectacular for us.

Yes, cool for us, but from Texans fans standpoint this is same dude who recently said this:

"I don't have enough good things to say about him," Kingsbury said of the Oklahoma quarterback [Murray]. "He's phenomenal." "I'd take him with the first pick of the draft if I could," he continued. "I know he's signed up to play baseball, but he is a dominant football player, and I would take him with the first pick."

-

So since it’s run-a-scenario season for the 1st pick, I was contemplating a possibility for trading with HOU… but for pick 12, not pick 2. Hear me out:

1) We trade 1 to HOU for 12, 33, 73 and both their 2024 1s (their own plus CLE)

2) HOU takes their QB of choice at 1. THEN

3) HOU trades down from 2 to recoup most of their draft capital. What fit per the chart was 2 to CAR for 9, 39, 61 and a 2024 1st.

———

HOU effectively goes from having 2 and 12 to 1 and 9 AND keeps IND from getting either of the top 2 QBs at a cost of a mid 3 and a future 1 (but still having CAR’s 1 next year), but gains an extra 2 this year. They get their top QB choice but do it in a way where the Bears are willing to accept their offer, because it’s a damn windfall for the needy Bears. The Bears here get an additional high 2 and a mid 3 this year and then have THREE 1s next year.

Does this deal make sense for both teams? Depending on how HOU views the QBs… maybe? 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

So since it’s run-a-scenario season for the 1st pick, I was contemplating a possibility for trading with HOU… but for pick 12, not pick 2. Hear me out:

3) HOU trades down from 2 to recoup most of their draft capital. What fit per the chart was 2 to CAR for 9, 39, 61 and a 2024 1st.

———

HOU effectively goes from having 2 and 12 to 1 and 9 AND keeps IND from getting either of the top 2 QBs at a cost of a mid 3 and a future 1 (but still having CAR’s 1 next year), but gains an extra 2 this year. They get their top QB choice but do it in a way where the Bears are willing to accept their offer, because it’s a damn windfall for the needy Bears. The Bears here get an additional high 2 and a mid 3 this year and then have THREE 1s next year.

Does this deal make sense for both teams? Depending on how HOU views the QBs… maybe? 

I like it. Poor IND would just be dumbstruck looking at the TV.

"Isray, can you explain what happened that got you the 3rd QB in the draft?"

bill-hader-chaos.gif

For the Bears that still gives a chance at several EDGE, or maybe they have a chance to double down on OL by taking Johnson (or Broderick Jones) and Wright or Dawand Jones.

For some reason I like the idea of having 3 Jones on the OL at once and one at WR.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Man, Irsay is throwing Ballard under the bus "the Alabama guy doesn't look bad"...Ballard had to step in and say they might move back since Irasy was just flat out staying stay at #4 or move up.

Evan Ballard said "this will be a twitter quote" 😂

23 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

———

Creative.  I like it.