Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Almost like they want it to be one… 🤷‍♂️

IMO, take nothing at face value from here until draft day. 

I think that is the great thing though...as I have said before it doesn't matter if Irsay really means it or not...all that matters is confusion and mistrust are created because if only one other team believe Young is a franchise guy and that the Colts are wanting him they will offer more to try and jump them...to be fair I couldn't care less where Young, Stroud or Levis end up...I just want as much value for that pick as possible because I truly don't believe we will be here again any time soon...

Do I believe Irsay meant it? Yes...I don't think Jim is the sharpest when it comes to keeping things hush hush and would rather the Colts fans think he is doing right by them than anything else...he has shown this sort of outspoken behavior in the past and if anything Ballard's reaction told us that nothing had been pre-planned and he was shooting from the hip.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ty21 said:

If all we got in two trade downs with the Texans and colts was the 4th pick and two future firsts, next draft would be far crazier than probably any team has ever experienced. We’re talking three top 8 picks. 

This along getting a 2nd this draft would be my best case scenario.

H9v19KJ.jpg
if this was accurate, we’d have two picks in the top 5-6 if we traded for Indy’s first next year. But also if we’re 5-12, I imagine JF1 is on the hot seat. Maybe we can look elite on offense, passable on defense but so historically bad on kickoff coverage we lose 12 games. 

15 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

H9v19KJ.jpg
if this was accurate, we’d have two picks in the top 5-6 if we traded for Indy’s first next year. But also if we’re 5-12, I imagine JF1 is on the hot seat. Maybe we can look elite on offense, passable on defense but so historically bad on kickoff coverage we lose 12 games. 

This just doesn't look right to me. Jets overtaken the Bills. Broncos winning their division. The Commanders switching back to being the Redskins. The Bears being 5-12. This is madness.

23 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Yeah, we saw this and then went on with the rest of our lives.

Didn't you find it interesting that Fields did an interview, I believe it was Super Bowl week, where he said, "I just wish they'd be honest with me. Tell me the direction they want to go!" It was something close to that effect.

Seems to be a lot of smoke. Not sure there is a fire there yet. 

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Didn't you find it interesting that Fields did an interview, I believe it was Super Bowl week, where he said, "I just wish they'd be honest with me. Tell me the direction they want to go!" It was something close to that effect.

Seems to be a lot of smoke. Not sure there is a fire there yet. 

Agree with the smoke. They have to sell the fact that it is an option in order to more effectively shop the pick. They are simply attempting to inflate the value of the pick amongst QB needy teams.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

We had 8 games this year that were within One score, and we went 1-7 in those (expand it to 9 points and its 10 games where we went 2-8) 

My point in this, is saying we could absolutely end up with a similar 1 score record (as we have a young team) in that 5-12 type record, and it could still be a very improved team.

If fans are expecting us to go from 3-14 to 12-5 in one offseason, I think they're going to be very disappointed

Edited by StLunatic88

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting point...wonder if it is actually taking into account and if that could change where the Texans value him and may force their hand a little in moving up.

I think thats a gross oversimplification of the situation.

Stroud isnt going to want to be the #2 (or #1) overall pick? Its a very different situation with DeMeco there, amongst alot of other people as well