Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Why was it a smart move if in your second to last post you said he wasn't a good starting caliber WR?

It's a smart move because of age, cost & his ascending production...that doesn't make him a good starting calibre WR...it makes him a guy who could become that...we still don't know if he would or wouldn't have because he has been hurt...my point is no one was saying that Pringle was going to be some #1 1,000 yard receiver and I think it is pretty clear Poles knew that as well...I was listening to Hoge & Jahns today and Hoge was talking about how he struggled to rewatch the All 22 of the Commanders game not because we were bad but because he was questioning how many of these guys were actually going to matter and be here next year...there will be a massive overhaul of this roster in the offseason and that is where we will see what moves Poles actually wants to make. 

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

It's a smart move because of age, cost & his ascending production...that doesn't make him a good starting calibre WR...it makes him a guy who could become that...we still don't know if he would or wouldn't have because he has been hurt...my point is no one was saying that Pringle was going to be some #1 1,000 yard receiver and I think it is pretty clear Poles knew that as well...I was listening to Hoge & Jahns today and Hoge was talking about how he struggled to rewatch the All 22 of the Commanders game not because we were bad but because he was questioning how many of these guys were actually going to matter and be here next year...there will be a massive overhaul of this roster in the offseason and that is where we will see what moves Poles actually wants to make. 

He could have added more than 2 long term players this season.

He missed a lot… even with limited resources.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Again there are levels to this…how many good starting calibre WRs (not on rookie deals) do you know making $4 million a season? These guys are replacement level signings and the contracts prove that…

Again I am not saying I wouldn’t have invested more especially in the OL but it is clear what the strategy is…if we have a terrible year this year then dominate the division for the next 10 would anyone care? Of course not…bottom line is this is how Poles thinks we are best to build for long term success and we are all just along for the ride…until year 3 or 4 we won’t truly know if he was right or wrong.

He had a responsibility to do more for Fields.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Then why were 70% of fans psyched about the Pringle signing when it came official?

Poles' fans talked about how he was ascending and a steal

Andy Reid let him go after he lost Hill and he cost next to nothing to keep.  He went out and got a bunch of other new guys instead.  I pointed this out again and again offseason.  

Whatever nice words Reid had to say about Pringle, those actions speak louder.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Honestly we could go out and get 3 OL and a TE like Moreau. I'm still on the trade for Ridley train too. Spend the bulk of FA on proven vets and then draft what is needed on defense or depth. 

I’m with you on signing a lot of proven vets…when it comes to the draft though I want BPA…we lack elite talent all over the team…we need to find some studs regardless of need.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I’m with you on signing a lot of proven vets…when it comes to the draft though I want BPA…we lack elite talent all over the team…we need to find some studs regardless of need.

If Poles really goes BPA when there is a smaller set if needs then I'm all for it. I just don't believe most go BPA so I'm skeptical. 

I'm definitely a fan of the practice. If you have a stud at QB you've got a chance for a long successful run at a franchise. Get talent at OT, EDGE, and CB then you can patchwork around them for deep runs. Any studs make the depth piece easier. 

36 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

If Poles really goes BPA when there is a smaller set if needs then I'm all for it. I just don't believe most go BPA so I'm skeptical. 

I'm definitely a fan of the practice. If you have a stud at QB you've got a chance for a long successful run at a franchise. Get talent at OT, EDGE, and CB then you can patchwork around them for deep runs. Any studs make the depth piece easier. 

Usually I would agree that you need to balance need & BPA but when you could be doing with almost everything got BPA 😂…of course target value positions like you said but get elite talent who can be game wreckers…an elite DL for example completely changes this defence very quickly.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Usually I would agree that you need to balance need & BPA but when you could be doing with almost everything got BPA 😂…of course target value positions like you said but get elite talent who can be game wreckers…an elite DL for example completely changes this defence very quickly.

I won't get my hopes up for Anderson. I saw Garrett and Donald both go right before our pick so I'm being a pessimist he falls to us somehow.  lol

But... I regrettably am getting attached to Jalen Carter. That being said if we can trade down and get Murphy I would be damn pleased. Could be a base DE and then kick into 3T if we run a NASCAR package like Rod Marinelli did. Gipson and Robinson (both with another year to grow and hopefully develop) on the outside and Murphy and a base 3T on the inside would be an improvement for passrush. Ricks and Ringo are other names I wouldn't hate to see drafted early by us but I am desperate to surround Fields with a ton of talent. Give him a year or two to see if he is the guy and if not the rookie gets a hell of a supporting cast - like Fields SHOULD have had this year. 

57 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I won't get my hopes up for Anderson. I saw Garrett and Donald both go right before our pick so I'm being a pessimist he falls to us somehow.  lol

But... I regrettably am getting attached to Jalen Carter. That being said if we can trade down and get Murphy I would be damn pleased. Could be a base DE and then kick into 3T if we run a NASCAR package like Rod Marinelli did. Gipson and Robinson (both with another year to grow and hopefully develop) on the outside and Murphy and a base 3T on the inside would be an improvement for passrush. Ricks and Ringo are other names I wouldn't hate to see drafted early by us but I am desperate to surround Fields with a ton of talent. Give him a year or two to see if he is the guy and if not the rookie gets a hell of a supporting cast - like Fields SHOULD have had this year. 

I am right there with you...draft Carter...sign Yannick Ngakoue...watch QBs hit the turf.