Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

5 hours ago, RTD said:

First off let's remember it's the lying season. Second, Houston imo was always a fallback option. poles will not get a big enough return going down one step. Carolina and Indy are the two teams driving up the value for the #1 pick. Either one will net us a future R1 plus picks. 

What if Poles trades down with Houston to #2 and acquires their 2nd this year or a 1st next year as compensation then another QB needy team like the Colts Raiders or Panthers come calling for #2.

In this scenario I'm fairly confident he would be able to land a future 1st from any of those teams along with their 1st round picks and some change from this years draft.

Something like this totally seems plausible and would set this team up nicely for years to come provided Poles makes out well with all of the extra picks.

My dream scenario is we trade back twice but somehow stay in the top-4 and draft one of Carter or Anderson and have a couple extra seconds this year and a future first next year or a second this year and a couple extra firsts in next year's draft.

Is this asking too much ?

On 2/28/2023 at 9:44 PM, topwop1 said:

What if Poles trades down with Houston to #2 and acquires their 2nd this year or a 1st next year as compensation then another QB needy team like the Colts Raiders or Panthers come calling for #2.

In this scenario I'm fairly confident he would be able to land a future 1st from any of those teams along with their 1st round picks and some change from this years draft.

Something like this totally seems plausible and would set this team up nicely for years to come provided Poles makes out well with all of the extra picks.

My dream scenario is we trade back twice but somehow stay in the top-4 and draft one of Carter or Anderson and have a couple extra seconds this year and a future first next year or a second this year and a couple extra firsts in next year's draft.

Is this asking too much ?

Imagine someone telling you a year ago that the Bears could walk away with Will Anderson and three 2024 1st round picks.  

• Like 2

I appreciate the mocks that theorize the Texans would be more interested in trading the Browns’ first round pick next year to us than their own, which would infer they assume they’re going to suck again and the browns will be better. Texans need to take a gamble on themselves, assume they’re going to be great with Young and trade us their own first. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ventured into the Panthers forum to see what they thought about the possibility of moving up to pick 1 and what they’d be willing to give up.

There hasn’t been a single post in there since November 8th. Not one. 

Yeah, I noticed that as soon as the season was over. Kinda sad that their fanbase is so dispassionate. Falcons and Cardinal fans can be that way too (not just on the forum but in real life). Our fans can be meatheads but at least they are passionate about the team.

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ventured into the Panthers forum to see what they thought about the possibility of moving up to pick 1 and what they’d be willing to give up.

There hasn’t been a single post in there since November 8th. Not one. 

Its weird to look at the post counts of some of the team forums.  Some, like Indianapolis have basically no fans who are active there.  Its weird, because living in Indy I know that people still love the game and whenever the colts are on, bars are filled up with colts jerseys and there is tons of tailgating and activity at Lucas Oil every Sunday, but for whatever reason those fans haven't made it here.  

25 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Its weird to look at the post counts of some of the team forums.  Some, like Indianapolis have basically no fans who are active there.  Its weird, because living in Indy I know that people still love the game and whenever the colts are on, bars are filled up with colts jerseys and there is tons of tailgating and activity at Lucas Oil every Sunday, but for whatever reason those fans haven't made it here.  

Being in bars wearing colts jerseys doesn’t mean they know how to read 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

To be fair, I'm not convinced most of us active in the Bears forum know how to read either, myself especially

I did notice I developed late term dyslexia when I hit 30. I’m a former grammar Nazi that now sometimes doesn’t even notice when somehting isn’t spelled proper good. 

I don’t think of dead sub forums on here as an apathetic fanbase. For one, the forum stopped growing years ago and an absolute ton of members have left. And two, there could be other team specific forums out there that they post on. They probably have catch 22’ed themselves into not posting here too; no one is active because no one else is active and no one else is active because no one is active. 

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

That forum died with Andrew Luck's surprise retirement.  Lol

49 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I don’t think of dead sub forums on here as an apathetic fanbase. For one, the forum stopped growing years ago and an absolute ton of members have left. And two, there could be other team specific forums out there that they post on. They probably have catch 22’ed themselves into not posting here too; no one is active because no one else is active and no one else is active because no one is active. 

Yeah, I think most people these days just stick to twitter or social media.  It used to be the "superfan" element would need somewhere to discuss and find message boards and now you can just stay on twitter and do a lot of the same thing.  Too many meatballs for my taste.