Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

Yeah, I think most people these days just stick to twitter or social media.  It used to be the "superfan" element would need somewhere to discuss and find message boards and now you can just stay on twitter and do a lot of the same thing.  Too many meatballs for my taste.

The most comforting thing about this website is the hot takes are relegated to nfl Gen and roasted. Hot takes are the most “in” thing in sports now and between that and meatball stupidity, Twitter, Reddit and elsewhere is a total cesspool. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

The most comforting thing about this website is the hot takes are relegated to nfl Gen and roasted. Hot takes are the most “in” thing in sports now and between that and meatball stupidity, Twitter, Reddit and elsewhere is a total cesspool. 

I am thankful for this site every day, or else I would be stuck in some awful Facebook Fan Page or the endless pit of reddit

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Its weird to look at the post counts of some of the team forums.  Some, like Indianapolis have basically no fans who are active there.  Its weird, because living in Indy I know that people still love the game and whenever the colts are on, bars are filled up with colts jerseys and there is tons of tailgating and activity at Lucas Oil every Sunday, but for whatever reason those fans haven't made it here.  

Internet is a big place now.  They are still talking, just talking somewhere else.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Internet is a big place now.  They are still talking, just talking somewhere else.

Disagree. Internet is much smaller than it used to be. Its basically reddit, facebook, and twitter these days. 

17 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

They really do make a ton of sense.  I'm surprised the odds are better than Indy though

To be fair I’m not but mainly because Carolina have more draft capital and truthfully more talented players at primer positions they may be willing to include in a move…add in the fact they are tight against the cap right now and I think they are the most likely to move…

I also think the Colts are closer to being solid again than some think…plenty of talent on that team and if they get the 3rd best QB in this ground it wouldn’t be terrible for them as long as they can fix the OL & get Taylor going again on the ground.

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

To be fair I’m not but mainly because Carolina have more draft capital and truthfully more talented players at primer positions they may be willing to include in a move…add in the fact they are tight against the cap right now and I think they are the most likely to move…

I also think the Colts are closer to being solid again than some think…plenty of talent on that team and if they get the 3rd best QB in this ground it wouldn’t be terrible for them as long as they can fix the OL & get Taylor going again on the ground.

but i think like carolina, they are anxious about getting off the qb carrousel. irsay continues to put out vibes that he wants HIS guy, and ballard might not have a year after this if he doesn't get it done, so ballard could **** them picks because if it works, it works, and if it doesn't work, he likely isn't here to worry about it anyways. 

24 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

but i think like carolina, they are anxious about getting off the qb carrousel. irsay continues to put out vibes that he wants HIS guy, and ballard might not have a year after this if he doesn't get it done, so ballard could **** them picks because if it works, it works, and if it doesn't work, he likely isn't here to worry about it anyways. 

No doubt Indy want to get up just as much but I don't feel they have the same ammo and maybe more importantly if there is one owner in the NFL who wants a QB more than Irsay it's David Tepper...

Also on the point of Ballard...Scott Fitterer is in the exact same boat.

As exciting as it was to hear the pick could be traded soon I think it benefits the Bears to hold onto it until after the first wave of FA. Let’s see where we still need help before declaring how many picks we want involved for this year, or if they want to include a veteran player. Unless they make an offer Poles can’t refuse…

7 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

As exciting as it was to hear the pick could be traded soon I think it benefits the Bears to hold onto it until after the first wave of FA. Let’s see where we still need help before declaring how many picks we want involved for this year, or if they want to include a veteran player. Unless they make an offer Poles can’t refuse…

Not if we see Jimmy G or Lamar Jackson go to teams in the Top 10, then we have 1 less realistic trading partner.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

No doubt Indy want to get up just as much but I don't feel they have the same ammo and maybe more importantly if there is one owner in the NFL who wants a QB more than Irsay it's David Tepper...

Also on the point of Ballard...Scott Fitterer is in the exact same boat.

i mean, their ammo is relatively the same. CAR got some picks back from CMC, but traded a handful for darnold and corral

Indy - 1.4, 2.35, 3.79, 4.106, 5.140, 5.164, 7, 7 - total value 2,694

Car - 1.9, 2.39, 2.61, 3.93, 4.114, 4.132, 5.147, 7 - total value 2,424

I would also expect Indy to be a slightly worse team than carolina, which always plays in trades (most recent example is us v. packers in trades for Mack and Claypool)