Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

15 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you on that 

I just don't get people bashing a player for being hurt and saying he's a bum as if that's something the player or team can control

People said the same for Velus

If you want to criticize something then criticize their play on the field not for being injured 

When Pringle has played he has been largely invisible outside of one catch a game.

Velus can’t beat out Smith-Marsette who wasn’t even here for the offseason and sucks.

Does that work?

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

When Pringle has played he has been largely invisible outside of one catch a game.

Velus can’t beat out Smith-Marsette who wasn’t even here for the offseason and sucks.

Does that work?

Context is always needed. Pringle has only played in 3 games this year.

1st was in a rain storm week 1 against a pretty good D. 

Week 2 against GB he was invisible I'll give you that.. but so was the rest of the passing offense. I mean Fields only had 7 completions out of 11 attempts that day 

And week 3 against Texans was when he got hurt early in first half 

Also I don't think there's any proof to say Velus couldn't beat out ISM. He was coming back from a hamstring injury which are always tricky and it's clear the team was easing him back in slowly.

Also ISM just got cut so why are we even talking about him ?

21 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Week 2 against GB he was invisible I'll give you that.. but so was the rest of the passing offense. I mean Fields only had 7 completions out of 11 attempts that day 

Also I don't think there's any proof to say Velus couldn't beat out ISM. He was coming back from a hamstring injury which are always tricky and it's clear the team was easing him back in slowly.

These are valid points. To put this further into context Mooney, who is our number 1 WR, has 17 rec for 241 yards through 5 games without missing ANY time. This whole thing is a mess so it's hard to blame Pringle with the limited amount of snaps that he has played thus far.

38 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Velus Jones came back from his hamstring to almost 0 role on offense.

ISM was played ahead of him and we just cut him. ISM wasn't even here in camp and still was used before Velus.

If that does not set off alarm bells with where he is at... I am not sure your paying attention.

3 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Pringle's highest snap-share was 34% against Green Bay. He was out-snapped by ESB after missing most of the preseason. Based on what we've seen, the Bears intended to use him as their slot, but he got hurt early, was left behind, then got hurt again.

Which is why you should probably sign more than 1 productive NFL WR.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

ISM was played ahead of him and we just cut him. ISM wasn't even here in camp and still was used before Velus.

If that does not set off alarm bells with where he is at... I am not sure your paying attention.

It tells me the team likely wasn't comfortable with using Velus in an expanded role coming off his injury.

I don't know if you've ever pulled a hamstring but for a skill position player especially it's a tough injury to get over quickly 

It could also be that he sucks but I think you're reading into it a bit too much at the moment 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I still like Velus.   He is good with ball in his hands and his game speed.   No one has looked as good on jet sweeps as him on Bears.

His hands are a bit suspect.

You can use guys like that - like Corderelle Patterson.  

He has been hurt, so I am reserving judgment on him for a year or two.

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I still like Velus.   He is good with ball in his hands and his game speed.   No one has looked as good on jet sweeps as him on Bears.

His hands are a bit suspect.

You can use guys like that - like Corderelle Patterson.  

He has been hurt, so I am reserving judgment on him for a year or two.

Its definitely way too early to pass judgement on him. Also I dont think anyone expected him to be a polished route runner so his athleticism is why he was drafted. If healthy he will need to have touches manufactured for him for now, and the coaches will be tasked in making him more than a gadget player.

Hope he does bounce back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Its definitely way too early to pass judgement on him. Also I dont think anyone expected him to be a polished route runner so his athleticism is why he was drafted. If healthy he will need to have touches manufactured for him for now, and the coaches will be tasked in making him more than a gadget player.

Hope he does bounce back.

What I don't understand is his snap-share. He was the Bears' WR5 by offensive snaps after Mooney, ESB, Harry, and Pettis. Curious that the Bears are giving end-arounds and gadget plays to other players right now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

What I don't understand is his snap-share. He was the Bears' WR5 by offensive snaps after Mooney, ESB, Harry, and Pettis. Curious that the Bears are giving end-arounds and gadget plays to other players right now.

It is curious...

10 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Hard to be predictable when Getsy doesn't know what he's gonna do. Lol

On 10/25/2022 at 10:10 AM, abstract_thought said:

They also didn't want Jenkins to play.  Go figure what they are thinking sometimes.  

On pure athleticism Velus may be best overall athlete on offense after Fields and maybe team (he has a lot of size over Mooney).  He has a burst and explosiveness we are in short supply of.

He has had some hands issues and that may be causing some distrust.   I would keep working him into offense on small packages and let him return kicks and not punts.

I don't see a lot of point in putting rookies in a dog house for extended periods of time.  Whole point is to develop them until such time they show they just don't belong in league. 

• Like 2