Give me the Eagles OC Shane Steichen as our next HC

turtle28

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/eagles-hiring-shane-steichen-as-offensive-coordinator

He was the OC for the Chargers & Herbert in 2020. The last two years he’s been developing Jalen Hurts. If we draft Will Levis or Hendon Hooker in the draft as mobile QBs - or even Bryce Young - I’d love to have this guy designing our offense.

He can hire the Eagles DB coach Denard Wilson from Upper Marlboro as our next D coordinator bc he’s done a fantastic job & James Bradberry is a FA next year, we can sign him to be our other outside CB  opposite St. Juste while drafting one in the mid rounds too compete for the slot job w/ Fuller.

• Like 1

Yeah, checks a lot of boxes for me. Young, not a retread, offensive focus, history of working with young QBs, has showed some creativity. 

For me, it’s always about traits with potential HC, and that makes it tough to know whether I’d sign off. Detail-oriented, good communicator, aggressive, innovative, motivator, analytically inclined, all that stuff. Huge emphasis on the first two items in that list. 

As we’ve discussed a lot of times, though, the real key to the future isn’t selecting the next head coach — it’s selecting the guy who will select the next head coach. But I like Steichen as a guy to keep an eye on, for sure. 

• Like 4

Is there to much baggage there or would you guys be receptive to having Brian Flores as a possible HC candidate. 
I think he would be able to bring this defense to the next level. Seemed to have the respect of his players. 
Just a thought. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Is there to much baggage there or would you guys be receptive to having Brian Flores as a possible HC candidate. 
I think he would be able to bring this defense to the next level. Seemed to have the respect of his players. 
Just a thought. 

If we're going with a defensive coach I'd rather go Demeco Ryans

• Like 2

16 hours ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, checks a lot of boxes for me. Young, not a retread, offensive focus, history of working with young QBs, has showed some creativity. 

For me, it’s always about traits with potential HC, and that makes it tough to know whether I’d sign off. Detail-oriented, good communicator, aggressive, innovative, motivator, analytically inclined, all that stuff. Huge emphasis on the first two items in that list. 

As we’ve discussed a lot of times, though, the real key to the future isn’t selecting the next head coach — it’s selecting the guy who will select the next head coach. But I like Steichen as a guy to keep an eye on, for sure. 

I mean, ideally it would be Kyle Smith. The guess however is he'd never come back here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Who are the Ryan’s? Rex & Rob?

Our Gm Martin Mayhew 

also I just researched and Ryan’s and Mayhew have been on the 49ers team on the staff for 4 years . So if we ever wanted to fire Rivera and least try to get Ryan’s here than he might have a good relation with Martin Mayhew .

18 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Our Gm Martin Mayhew 

also I just researched and Ryan’s and Mayhew have been on the 49ers team on the staff for 4 years . So if we ever wanted to fire Rivera and least try to get Ryan’s here than he might have a good relation with Martin Mayhew .

Oh, you mean Demeco Ryans! I thought you were talking about Rex & Rob Ryan. I don’t know that he’s ready to be a HC yet. He’s only been a defensive coordinator for two years. I guess if he impresses though, why not.