Texans fire Easterby

KhanYouDigIt

I really want to know what Easterby knew about the Deshaun Watson allegations. I have a hard time believing a control freak such as Easterby didn’t know something - and if the Brent Naccara NDA situation was what it was, I have an even harder time believing it didn’t pass his station at some point prior to Tony Buzbee going on the offensive.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ooooh, Wednesday is tough - got tutoring for my daughter (STEM, because it’s important) and then I got live spin on the Pelaton.

How about Thursday around noon-ish?

Okay, I'm in...but damn...don't say we never did anything for you 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

What miserable doofus will replace him though?

One name to keep in mind - former Texans GM Rick Smith. Smith has a long-standing history with the McNair family (he’s the godfather to Cal and Hannah McNair’s children) and he’s shown interest in returning to football (Smith left the Texans to tend to his wife, who sadly passed away from breast cancer).

Smith was a somewhat successful GM - his first round track record is really good - but his strength was coordinating discussions with the league, serving as the face of the franchise when talking with the competition committee, etc. A world where Caserio is focused on the football team and Smith is focused on “football administration” so to speak could be a nice duo.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

One name to keep in mind - former Texans GM Rick Smith. Smith has a long-standing history with the McNair family (he’s the godfather to Cal and Hannah McNair’s children) and he’s shown interest in returning to football (Smith left the Texans to tend to his wife, who sadly passed away from breast cancer).

Smith was a somewhat successful GM - his first round track record is really good - but his strength was coordinating discussions with the league, serving as the face of the franchise when talking with the competition committee, etc. A world where Caserio is focused on the football team and Smith is focused on “football administration” so to speak could be a nice duo.

I’m a big fan of Rick Smith the man. As a GM he was lukewarm. I think that would be a perfect role for him. Tone/culture setter and adult voice in the room without being the guy who pulls the trigger

• Like 2

If JJ Watt retires, that's the type of guy I'd want to sort of John Elway path to potential GM I'd want as a hands off owner. Fan favorite, community hero, end of his career type thing. No idea if JJ Watt wants that type of thing, but I'd offer him that "Culture Coach" or whatever role it was Easterby originally had if he decides to hang up the cleats after the year. Culture on community engagement and high effort motivation type thing coming from an organization all time great player seems like the fit for a "culture coach" with potential to grow into having a say on prospects that fit the organization eventually.

• Like 1