Texans fire Easterby

KhanYouDigIt

16 hours ago, Trojan said:

If JJ Watt retires, that's the type of guy I'd want to sort of John Elway path to potential GM I'd want as a hands off owner. Fan favorite, community hero, end of his career type thing. No idea if JJ Watt wants that type of thing, but I'd offer him that "Culture Coach" or whatever role it was Easterby originally had if he decides to hang up the cleats after the year. Culture on community engagement and high effort motivation type thing coming from an organization all time great player seems like the fit for a "culture coach" with potential to grow into having a say on prospects that fit the organization eventually.

I don’t think you have to wait for Watt. I’d also imagine it’s not a path Watt wants; He’s got a career lined up for him in the media, he’s got to be thinking of Michael Strahan as his model - full fledged media member/personality. I don’t know, I’m just speculating - but Watt could do just about whatever he wants to do.

Andre Johnson had been pretty vocal on wanting a career in a FO and was actually working within the organization. He left shortly after Easterby arrived (and was pretty vocal on his thoughts with Easterby). He’s pretty much guaranteed to be the franchises’ first HoF player and he’s got the temperament, work ethic and leadership skills to thrive as a culture creator - his “talk softly but carry a big stick” persona will resonate in a young locker room that is lacking veteran leadership. (He rarely talks loud like most WRs… but he’ll extract his pound of flesh - just ask Cortland Innegan).

Now is time to bring AJ home…

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Somewhere @ET80 is dancing naked in the streets...

Mankini. I have SOME decency.

Nice GIF by MOODMAN

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

This may just be the most deserved yet surprising firing I've ever witnessed.

Do we yet know what finally did him in - thought he was super buddy-buddy with Cal McNair?

Per John McClain, the McNair family started to find out Easterby was leaking sensitive information to the media. Combine that with his insistence to get involved with decisions outside of his responsibility (Josh McCown as a HC finalist, anyone?) and it was probably a joint decision made by both the McNair family and Nick Caserio/Lovie Smith.

Locally, the news coming out on this guy - how he'd take credit for everything while throwing everyone under the bus, lying to people to get them to dislike/distrust each other - it's amazing that building didn't *literally* catch fire.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Nice GIF by MOODMAN

Per John McClain, the McNair family started to find out Easterby was leaking sensitive information to the media. Combine that with his insistence to get involved with decisions outside of his responsibility (Josh McCown as a HC finalist, anyone?) and it was probably a joint decision made by both the McNair family and Nick Caserio/Lovie Smith.

Locally, the news coming out on this guy - how he'd take credit for everything while throwing everyone under the bus, lying to people to get them to dislike/distrust each other - it's amazing that building didn't *literally* catch fire.

Well that doesn't sound very Christian or Pastoral at all.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 9:50 AM, ET80 said:

@Woz! Hey Woz, we did it!

I'm confused why that get's him fired now. He's been doing if for years.

But I ain't gonna question it. We can go winless the rest of the season and it will still be a complete success with him gone

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nice GIF by MOODMAN

FineThirstyCricket-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2