Jack Easterbunny Fired!

lumberjackchris

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Next step the McNairs sell the team!

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't want the McNairs to sell. I don't think it's realistic, but I also think Cal is taking steps in the right direction. It's clear he was in over his head when he took over, no doubt about that. I wish he would've never listened to Easterby, but he seems to be more in control. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't want the McNairs to sell. I don't think it's realistic, but I also think Cal is taking steps in the right direction. It's clear he was in over his head when he took over, no doubt about that. I wish he would've never listened to Easterby, but he seems to be more in control. 

In hindsight - while it wasn’t the right decision, it led itself to a desired result; I mean, could anyone here see themselves really going in on a team led by Deshaun Watson, given everything we know about him now?

I know I’d have a hard time looking at him as the face of this franchise.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

In hindsight - while it wasn’t the right decision, it led itself to a desired result; I mean, could anyone here see themselves really going in on a team led by Deshaun Watson, given everything we know about him now?

I know I’d have a hard time looking at him as the face of this franchise.

I'm glad you mentioned it because there were all kinda Deshaun leaks. As the "character coach", im sure that was Easterby trying to get Deshaun out of here as someone who challenged Easterby's authority. If not for Easterby, Deshaun may still be a Texan and none of the massage issues come to light. 

I will say, Pancakes put his name all over that article. 👏🏽

On 10/17/2022 at 8:54 PM, Blaze said:

If not for Easterby, Deshaun may still be a Texan and none of the massage issues come to light. 

I don’t agree with this on a few fronts:

- Ashley Solis was starting her case against Watson late November 2020, during Watson’s last season here; It was coming out once Watson’s people said no thanks to the initial offer from Buzbee’s camp. Easterby has no influence on that.

- It’s very well documented how I feel on Jack Easterby; However, the mounting situation with Deshaun Watson makes me dislike him even more. Bluntly stated: Watson is a horrible human being and I would be conflicted on cheering for him and this franchise if he was still here. Easterby might have backed into it butt first, but he saved this franchise from having to defend a serial sexual predator.

• Like 1

I think we’re starting to see the Easterby clan jumping ship:

- Brandin Cooks is liking trade speculation on Twitter and missing media sessions (he never missed one media session his entire tenure as a Texan). Teams are inquiring; Given his age and contract, any sort of day 3 pick is a worthwhile trade. Cooks has been vocal on his relationship with Easterby, so I see all of this as connected.

- After one week of splitting time at LB with Christian Harris, Kamu Grugier-Hill (the worst LB in football according to PFF) requested his release. How many off ball LBs of his caliber (meaning: below average/liability on the field/easily replaceable/backup level on his best day) ask to be released from a 1/$4mm contract? Thankfully, his wish was granted - his days of holding a starters’ job in the NFL is effectively over (he might not even sign as a backup anywhere, I’d wager every backup in the NFL is as good as him - if not better).

What other Easterby acolyte will find their way onto the FA wire? Derek Rivers has no guaranteed money and hasn’t logged a snap this season, so I see him staying simply to get a paycheck - if the team doesn’t cut him first. Jonathan Owens has no business starting, but he’s in the lineup; I can see him yielding PT to other options. I’ve strongly suspected him to be an Easterby guy by virtue of his famous girlfriend. I’m all but certain Justin Britt is an Easterby guy - he was done before Jack got the axe, I don’t suddenly see him returning now.

Anyone else?

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

It's gone apparently... what did it say?

1. Brandin Cooks went to Easterby to tell him Lovie was riding the WRs too hard. Easterby went to Lovie to share this information and requested he tone it down, Lovie went straight to the McNair family and said “he has to go, now…”

2. Easterby and BoB went to Brian Gaine when he was the GM to have him fire a few people. It turned out all of the people were minorities, which turned into the discrimination case that followed Gaine shortly after he was terminated. The belief is that Easterby/BoB were setting Gaine up to take that fall so nobody would really push back on him getting fired.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

1. Brandin Cooks went to Easterby to tell him Lovie was riding the WRs too hard. Easterby went to Lovie to share this information and requested he tone it down, Lovie went straight to the McNair family and said “he has to go, now…”

2. Easterby and BoB went to Brian Gaine when he was the GM to have him fire a few people. It turned out all of the people were minorities, which turned into the discrimination case that followed Gaine shortly after he was terminated. The belief is that Easterby/BoB were setting Gaine up to take that fall so nobody would really push back on him getting fired.

Whew thats some shady stuff lol

• Like 2