2022 GDT Da Steelers 2-4 Visit the Miami Dolphins 3-3

Steeler Hitman

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Matt Canada, who was never a good hire and needs to be fired immediately.   I dont care if we have no one to replace him with.   Send a ******* message!   This cant go on...

fly this banner over hines field until canada is fired .  We can't wait for covid or tomlin , we have to influence rooney some other way

1 minute ago, 43M said:

From his perspective, he may not have been sure he could get out of bounds.   Hard to say.

I would have to watch it again, maybe tomorrow, but it was close.  Quite the INT, but sadly the pass wasn't close to the target as I hoped. Still, I have hope for Kenny based on how he has handled this team. Imagine if the had the Munchak OL, Bell, AB and Haley..... much different than the arrangement in place in 2022.  

canada should be replaced soon.  I doubt it happens though,  so expect a high draft pick

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

maybe we were too harsh on corpse ben last yr lol

no.

ben was done and probably done a few years ago, and him liking canada doesn't help. I think canada is the biggest problem right now, OL then some secondary concerns.  HOF players should retire when still good, not wait until they are totally washed up, it's sad to see. 

Harvin needs to be replaced. 1 good punt 2 bad punts then a few average punts isn't the consistency they need.

Edited by 3rivers

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Not only do I expect it, I am rooting for it.

This team needs a bad season...for numerous reasons.

as long as the new GM makes a good pick or trade.   I would be good with trading Najee  and if need be Claypool and get some nice picks.  Still a lost cause is the OL, really average at best. If you have 3rd and 1 or less, nobody is guaranteed 1st down on a run play, not a single OL there are good for that.

Warren looks better, he should be the starter but they won't do that to najee - a captain, and thats why captains should be proven top notch vets

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

I really think this dude is blind when it comes to knowing what a modern offense should look like. He's been in same building with matt for years now. He knew what this would look like and still signed off on it. outside of the QB rollout plays that gets us 8 yards at most, it does not look different from what ben was running last yr.

Tomlins a culture guy who lacks X’s and O’s At least on defense he builds an infrastructure of coaches with various experiences. He needs a to make an offensive hire to completely own that room. He just doesn’t have the depth to help there. Need multiple new hires. 

I still think it’s going to be Bill O’Brien. Experience as a HC, long time play caller, and been around the pro game plenty. Same type of hire he made with Haley. 

Bill was an awful, awful GM…but he wasn’t a bad coach. I just wouldn’t really be excited about it. 

will say, it seems like kenny gets punished when ever he makes a mistake. make a case tua did not play much better, but got lucky with the dropped picks. Kenny threw it 40+ times in this poorly constructed offense and had only a few bad plays, unfortunately two of them ended up as turnovers. He's not getting lucky with the picks. only 3 of his 7 picks are on him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I still think it’s going to be Bill O’Brien

what a thought and a sad reality. If this happens, imagine. Well it might be happening, I mean look at how bad some parts of the team are.  The team seems to have guts, and tries and no bickering that we see on TV anyways.  Just a major issue with canada and talent in some areas.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

will say, it seems like kenny gets punished when ever he makes a mistake. make a case tua did not play much better, but got lucky with the dropped picks. Kenny threw it 40+ times in this poorly constructed offense and had only a few bad plays, unfortunately two of them ended up as turnovers. He's not getting lucky with the picks. only 3 of his 7 picks are on him

that was a nice play by #9 but the pass shouldn't have been there

Kenny needs to clean that up , lets see how he does

I watch other games and when i see team like the Dolphins, 49'ers and others, I wonder if Canada watches those plays and wonders if he could draw them up?  If the Steelers ran plays like the Phins I would be happy.  Lots of movement and misdirection.   Najee would still not fit in the wide zone concept but we could work on that.

Collingsworth even called them on their passing routes that totally rely on the Wr getting open.  Such simplistic schemes.

Edited by jebrick