2022 GDT Da Steelers 2-4 Visit the Miami Dolphins 3-3

Steeler Hitman

7 hours ago, 3rivers said:

no.

ben was done and probably done a few years ago, and him liking canada doesn't help. I think canada is the biggest problem right now, OL then some secondary concerns.  HOF players should retire when still good, not wait until they are totally washed up, it's sad to see. 

Harvin needs to be replaced. 1 good punt 2 bad punts then a few average punts isn't the consistency they need.

Ben hated Canada.  Ben refused to change the passing plays so they ran the plays from 8 years ago.

Edited by jebrick

11 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Personally, I think KP is trying to cash checks his arm can't handle.  He does not have Joe Burrow's arm.  He is not throwing his Wr open.

I’m border line on that. I think he’s also trying to make things happen. I saw someone on Twitter say really 3/7 picks are on him. 

22 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I watch other games and when i see team like the Dolphins, 49'ers and others, I wonder if Canada watches those plays and wonders if he could draw them up?  If the Steelers ran plays like the Phins I would be happy.  Lots of movement and misdirection.   Najee would still not fit in the wide zone concept but we could work on that.

Collingsworth even called them on their passing routes that totally rely on the Wr getting open.  Such simplistic schemes.

An LSU fan I work with thinks Canada’s NFL problem is the lack of ability to motion as much. Post snap even back then his playbook was limited. There’s a reason I liked Tomlins “same menu pick new items” comment. It didn’t call out QB play, it called out the playcalling. Sadly Canada is still running his mouth about simplifying the offense. Next Sunday is the day to have a “Canadas last game” if you make this change in season. 

I wish the Texans would clean house and the Steelers could hire Pep Hamilton.  He is what KP needs.  He would design an offense to KP's strengths and not leave in plays that require more arm to make the throw.

If they do fire Canada they will just promote Sullivan ( current QB coach).  We would have to wait until the off season for a real hire.

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

I wish the Texans would clean house and the Steelers could hire Pep Hamilton.  He is what KP needs.  He would design an offense to KP's strengths and not leave in plays that require more arm to make the throw.

If they do fire Canada they will just promote Sullivan ( current QB coach).  We would have to wait until the off season for a real hire.

That’s a major problem with Canada. The offense is the offense regardless of who’s in it. I think KPs arm strength is starting to become overblown a bit. He’s making a lot of off balance throws on these INTs. 

The second part is spot on. I think the best Sullivan can do if he takes over is find a way to mesh the run and pass game a little better to help KP here. 

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

That’s a major problem with Canada. The offense is the offense regardless of who’s in it. I think KPs arm strength is starting to become overblown a bit. He’s making a lot of off balance throws on these INTs. 

KP's interceptions, the ones not bouncing off of receiver's hands, are when he gets antsy in the pocket and tries to do too much.  The last one against the Phins is a prime example.

His arm strength is not Ben's but the pass plays they run rely on someone with a cannon for an arm who can put the ball in a 1 ft window.   My complaint is more about the plays they run then KP's arm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jebrick said:

are when he gets antsy in the pocket and tries to do too much.  The last one against the Phins is a prime example.

This is (and I’m trying to remember who said it) an off step running to the left throw. That’s hard even for guys with great arm strength. Effectively the type Kenny will learn to avoid by either running or planting his feet better. Kenny doesn’t do the greatest job of driving off the trail leg to start the kinetic sequence of a throw. He hangs on that backside too much. Brady and Brees should be great footwork guys for him to study as they can Chuck it despite not having great arms. 

41 minutes ago, warfelg said:

This is (and I’m trying to remember who said it) an off step running to the left throw. That’s hard even for guys with great arm strength. Effectively the type Kenny will learn to avoid by either running or planting his feet better. Kenny doesn’t do the greatest job of driving off the trail leg to start the kinetic sequence of a throw. He hangs on that backside too much. Brady and Brees should be great footwork guys for him to study as they can Chuck it despite not having great arms. 

Also throwing to DJ is another problem.  DJ made no effort to break up the INT.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Also throwing to DJ is another problem.  DJ made no effort to break up the INT.

he lacks any kind physical skill to his game. He'll rarely break a tackle or fall forward with a guy on him. hard to believe he's the same size as AB. AB played bigger than he was while Johnson plays like he's 5'8 and 170

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Uhh, Chase? The person who makes the play calling is also the person doing the scheming. 

(but you are pointing at the right person to start) 

IOW trade me. Make noise and complain about coaches and get traded. Of course in the process, he is correct and we agree with him -  so the logical decision is to FIRE CANADA

time for stephen A smith to start yelling too 😄

Edited by 3rivers

22 minutes ago, August4th said:

feels like its been the case for years. these coaches should be embarrassed

and yes Dan, they have the 11th play where the QB runs out of the end zone as well 😆 Even Dan thinks this ofence is lame, and look who he played for 🤯

9 minutes ago, August4th said:

he lacks any kind physical skill to his game. He'll rarely break a tackle or fall forward with a guy on him. hard to believe he's the same size as AB. AB played bigger than he was while Johnson plays like he's 5'8 and 170

I made this comments a few times but for someone who’s so shifty when running routes he looks like he’s running with lead boots and hips in a cast when he has the ball in his hands.