EDGE Talk

MOSteelers56

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah I would say that front DL could be the biggest need, that or CB possibly and could always go WR but doubt they pick on 1st round.  Curious if they take Ika or Mazi Smith the two best NT types arguably or go with an edge guy like Myles Murphy or wait and get someone like Dexter or Benton later on.  Right now I actually have them getting Jahmyr Gibbs mid to late 1st round but that could change.  I think he would be a great addition to that run game and provide much needed versatility like James White used to, sure maybe Pierre Strong can be that guy but Gibbs is way better.

Also take a  look at the rubbish they have at LB other than Judon. Bentley and ( Matty P special ) Jahlani Tavai frigging STARTING what a joke.   BB strategy get DB/S put them in the box, draft low round LBs or trade for scrubs!!!!!  Post Brady, Hows that work!!!!!!

Now if that don't work, we go get ex Pats that are 100 years old!!!!!! Say Hi to Jamie Collins. 4th time with the team!!!!!!!!!

Many Pats fans consider 2021 draft was outstanding.  Well that went out the window fast, when the whole stadium is booing and chanting for Zappy!!!!!! Idiots!!

IMO -----In regard to 2021 draft it was a good one, great if you compare it to the disaster the previous years however BB just ruined two young QBs in one night. 

There are some fools that say if Jones can't handle the negativism and the heat,  he doesn't deserve to be a NFL QB!!!!!!  Look at Brady's last year with the Pats, he didn't ( frustrated the whole season) handle it, now times that by 100!!!!  It funny Mac makes it to the PB in 1st year as a rookie (yes I know he was a replacement ) and he starts his 2nd year and look what he has to deal with, not one offensive coach on the Pats and than BB change the WHOLE OFFENSE. Mac fault!!!! Lastly don't get me wrong Mac play is frustrating lately but who the heck can perform in that nightmare !!!

Last Matty frigging P is your OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant.  I still p -ssed about Monday night disaster and I'm not talking about the loss.

Added   Ronnie Perkins 3rd RD bust. Took me 20 second of vid to see he can't play in the NFL!!!!!! Great pick!!!!! GMAFB!

Edited by m haynes

8 hours ago, m haynes said:

Also take a  look at the rubbish they have at LB other than Judon. Bentley and ( Matty P special ) Jahlani Tavai frigging STARTING what a joke.   BB strategy get DB/S put them in the box, draft low round LBs or trade for scrubs!!!!!  Post Brady, Hows that work!!!!!!

Now if that don't work, we go get ex Pats that are 100 years old!!!!!! Say Hi to Jamie Collins. 4th time with the team!!!!!!!!!

Many Pats fans consider 2021 draft was outstanding.  Well that went out the window fast, when the whole stadium is booing and chanting for Zappy!!!!!! Idiots!!

IMO -----In regard to 2021 draft it was a good one, great if you compare it to the disaster the previous years however BB just ruined two young QBs in one night. 

There are some fools that say if Jones can't handle the negativism and the heat,  he doesn't deserve to be a NFL QB!!!!!!  Look at Brady's last year with the Pats, he didn't ( frustrated the whole season) handle it, now times that by 100!!!!  It funny Mac makes it to the PB in 1st year as a rookie (yes I know he was a replacement ) and he starts his 2nd year and look what he has to deal with, not one offensive coach on the Pats and than BB change the WHOLE OFFENSE. Mac fault!!!! Lastly don't get me wrong Mac play is frustrating lately but who the heck can perform in that nightmare !!!

Last Matty frigging P is your OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant.  I still p -ssed about Monday night disaster and I'm not talking about the loss.

Added   Ronnie Perkins 3rd RD bust. Took me 20 second of vid to see he can't play in the NFL!!!!!! Great pick!!!!! GMAFB!

True LB could be a need for them possibly, McMillian has potential and so does Wilson at ILB.  Uche I like and sure Perkins has been a bust so far but was promising coming out of college and like any 3/4 team they are always desperate for edge rushers and stock pile them.  Hasn't Perkins been hurt and not even on the field, that always hurts your development of course.  

They got a few needs that is for sure, I did not watch the Chicago game but yeah on paper that looks rough, clearly the OL injuries and or issues is a big problem because if they cannot be a power run team then they are going to struggle trying to win any other way.  They need that run game, Bears oddly enough are the best rushing team in the league with that suspect OL, pretty impressive but Fields great helps that.  

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Perkins been hurt and not even on the field, that always hurts your development of course.  

Perkins has no (flex) hips. He goes around corners like he's on ice. NFL tackles overwhelm him. Injury's are used by the Pats to hide players. It seems this kid been on the injury list since the day he was drafted. Forgot he also to small for the position he needs/should to play, that's end.  Put him on the Edge, no chance.

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Wilson at ILB

Wilson all bronzes no (football) brains.  Same type Dylan Moses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:
On 10/28/2022 at 11:58 AM, LinderFournette said:

And runs an estimated 4.8-4.9 40 time.  That definitely isn't good even for his good size. 

Where are you getting the estimated time from? He ran 4.7 in HS

Yeah...

In addition to his explosive first step, Carter has great straight-line speed for his size. He recorded a 4.7 40-yard dash at 6’6″ and 225 pounds in high school, and I’d be willing to bet a sizable chunk of change that he could match or better that time at his current mass. Carter puts this to good use both as a rusher but also in pursuit when required.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/andre-carter-ii-edge-army-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

Usually guys with putting years inside a college training program with amassing muscle and growing into their body usually run a good bit faster by the time they go pro.

I guess when you google Andre Carter 40 yard dash you get his dads time of 4.84. Not sure if that's how he's getting the 4.8-4.9 range?

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1055984&DraftYear=2023

On Draft Scout they have his 40 yard time estimated at a 4.58. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy