EDGE Talk

MOSteelers56

8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

and they had better production then this Andre Carter from Michigan State.   

PFN has Michigan State Andre Carter as the 1110 best player in the drft and also has him listed at DT even tho the guy is listed at 245 pounds. 

Maybe you should research the "other" Andre Carter that plays for Western Michigan 

11 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

and they had better production then this Andre Carter from Michigan State.   

PFN has Michigan State Andre Carter as the 1110 best player in the drft and also has him listed at DT even tho the guy is listed at 245 pounds. 

All you asked for was successful Edges in the 4.8 to 4.9 range, implicitly because that high of a 40 time says they won't be successful in the NFL.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah...

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/andre-carter-ii-edge-army-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

Usually guys with putting years inside a college training program with amassing muscle and growing into their body usually run a good bit faster by the time they go pro.

I guess when you google Andre Carter 40 yard dash you get his dads time of 4.84. Not sure if that's how he's getting the 4.8-4.9 range?

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1055984&DraftYear=2023

On Draft Scout they have his 40 yard time estimated at a 4.58. 

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1019964&DraftYear=2024  

Theres 2 Andre Carters potentially in this draft.  

@MSURacerDT55Brought up that there was another Andre Carter that plays Edge and i told him he was not a draft pick worthy guy. 

the western Michigan Andre Carter is so far buried in the draft Sim from Profootball Network that he is listed at 1110 and at DT. 

and pretty much everyone started ASSUMING i was reffering to the Andre Carter that is from ARMY and was an All-American last year. 

On 11/1/2022 at 1:02 AM, Daniel said:

Nick Bosa ran a 4.79.  Joey ran a 4.88.

40 is probably a poor predictor of success at the position. Its a factor but way down the list. I dont think you understand edge traits if your calling a poor athlete at the position based on a 40.

- 10 yd

- 3 cone

- vert/broad 

- even bench is a better predictor.

Bosa Bros has very good 10yd, 3 cone, decent jumps and bench. 40 probably their worst.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

If you’re going to go for it on 4th and 1 you need to block the beast!

The guy is elite no question, I just need to watch him for once but is hard to catch Texas Tech with so many other games.  Might have to go back and catch this TCU game.

Still to me I question Will Anderson Jr and why he has not been great this year.  Maybe it is his size 6-4 235/245 compared to Wilson at 6-6 275.  I hate that Anderson can get blocked so easily and cannot just push the pocket backward and bully guys out there, instead of quickness use power.  It also is my expectations for him, I expected Derrick Thomas type production out of him this year and absolute domination all the time and better than the production last year which was insane production.  So far that has not been the case but still I expected him to impact the game far more than he has, take the LSU game last night, sure got a sack but ultimately outside a few pressures or two he did not impact the game at all where Perkins on LSU lived in the backfield and totally changed the game for them.  

With Wilson he is new and interesting especially at that size, but with Anderson I think it is just the expectations, because he still has basically the same production as Wilson does right now and Wilson is playing well and Anderson is not and he is still as productive.  The NFL is obvious though, regardless of position if you fit the mold in terms of height and weight and show athletic ability and have production you will be drafted high.  That is Wilson right now, so yeah guess I have to watch him some more.  

On 11/1/2022 at 12:57 PM, LinderFournette said:

and pretty much everyone started ASSUMING i was reffering to the Andre Carter that is from ARMY and was an All-American last year. 

Andre Carter II from Army would be a 1st round pick if he were playing for another team.  With his military commitment, I think he is drafted in the 3-4 range.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Andre Carter II from Army would be a 1st round pick if he were playing for another team.  With his military commitment, I think he is drafted in the 3-4 range.

I think Carter II will be a 1st round pick, all he has to do is perform athletically elite at the combine and he should easily go in the 1st round.  If not sure he could drop a bit, watched him against Air Force yesterday and he was pretty impressive the little I saw.  

On 11/6/2022 at 7:20 AM, Ozzy said:

The guy is elite no question, I just need to watch him for once but is hard to catch Texas Tech with so many other games.  Might have to go back and catch this TCU game.

Still to me I question Will Anderson Jr and why he has not been great this year.  Maybe it is his size 6-4 235/245 compared to Wilson at 6-6 275.  I hate that Anderson can get blocked so easily and cannot just push the pocket backward and bully guys out there, instead of quickness use power.  It also is my expectations for him, I expected Derrick Thomas type production out of him this year and absolute domination all the time and better than the production last year which was insane production.  So far that has not been the case but still I expected him to impact the game far more than he has, take the LSU game last night, sure got a sack but ultimately outside a few pressures or two he did not impact the game at all where Perkins on LSU lived in the backfield and totally changed the game for them.  

With Wilson he is new and interesting especially at that size, but with Anderson I think it is just the expectations, because he still has basically the same production as Wilson does right now and Wilson is playing well and Anderson is not and he is still as productive.  The NFL is obvious though, regardless of position if you fit the mold in terms of height and weight and show athletic ability and have production you will be drafted high.  That is Wilson right now, so yeah guess I have to watch him some more.  

Want an interesting comp for Wilson.  Maybe a poor mans travon walker. 

9 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Want an interesting comp for Wilson.  Maybe a poor mans travon walker. 

I would be shocked if Wilson runs a 4.5 40 time and has a vert of over 35", Travon Walker had rare athletic ability and Wilson is slippery quick but will see if he is actually that great of an athlete or not.  

Will Anderson Jr, sure maybe he could be a Von Miller type but Will does not have that type of bend or flexibility on the edge, cannot get that low and still stay fast.  I think for Will it might be best for him to put on some weight and get even stronger so he can bull guys easier.  Sure he is quick and active off the edge just he should not be playing at 235-240 and would ideally be closer to 250+.  He looks thin still despite apparently gaining muscle in the off season.  Still this year I expected more juice out of him and vocal leadership and showing up in a big way in big games.  He has not done that and at times had some major penalties like earlier in the year going off sides.  Ideally he would just win with his hands and quickness and not with his bust off the snap which not sure that is his game.

Also he needs to work on finishing, when he arrives, end it and drop the guy.  Not make him change direction, not almost get there, not make him move.  Get your hands on him and take him down, play a little more aggressive and powerful.  I have brought him up more than once as to kind of disappointing this year, but my expectations for him was Derrick Thomas type production and clearly he is not getting that.  And unlike Derrick Thomas, Will Anderson Jr is not that twitchy of an athlete and cannot bend like dip like Derrick could so that could be an issue for Will in the NFL if he stays at that weight.  Then again Myles Garrett had a so so final year and that obviously did not do anything to change the course of his career.  

10 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

He’s not the athlete Walker is but he’s more refined as a pass rusher. Different roles the two played in college.

they are similiar in that their best traits are Power and length. both can rotate inside creating a mismatch inside. 

i dont think many people are the athlete walker is except maybe Rashan Gary.