EDGE Talk

MOSteelers56

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I would be shocked if Wilson runs a 4.5 40 time and has a vert of over 35", Travon Walker had rare athletic ability and Wilson is slippery quick but will see if he is actually that great of an athlete or not.  

like i said poormans walker doesnt need to be that exceptional athlete walker is(see him making a tackle 30 yards downfield this past week). 

similiar in the sense their games are based off length and power and both can kick inside at DT in nickel

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-Tyree Wilson = More athletic Gregory Rousseau

-Part of me still wants to call Andre Carter II slight project. I question him against the run vs B/F/S OTs at the next level. 

id say carter would be a project since hes only played Defense 5 years and still has plenty of room to grow between his frame and technique. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Jared Verse, against LSU, looked like an absolute stud.  But looking at his numbers, that might also have been his best game.

I have to watch more of him, and more of Myles Murphy to see which I like better as the Number 2 guy in the class.

It was his best game arguably but he has been productive in other games and teams are obviously paying a lot more attention to him now.  Sure he is probably behind Murphy at this point but in terms of upside he is right there with almost any of them, especially considering he is a RS SOPH, in terms of straight RS SOPH DE prospects he is the best one by far.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

It was his best game arguably but he has been productive in other games and teams are obviously paying a lot more attention to him now.  Sure he is probably behind Murphy at this point but in terms of upside he is right there with almost any of them, especially considering he is a RS SOPH, in terms of straight RS SOPH DE prospects he is the best one by far.  

Even as a RS Soph he just turned 22. So he’s the age of most seniors. 

11 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Even as a RS Soph he just turned 22. So he’s the age of most seniors. 

Why is that, he go to prep school or something?  Still with only a half season of D1 football under his belt, he is damn impressive.  

16 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Played at Albany before transferring 

He only played there one season I thought, so that is why he is a RS SOPH and eligible for the draft.  Still does not explain why he is 22 so he must have went to prep school after high school or something.  Kelee Ringo RS SOPH on Georgia is 20 for example but there are other RS SOPH players that are 22 so really it is not a big deal, not like he is 27 or something.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

He only played there one season I thought, so that is why he is a RS SOPH and eligible for the draft.  Still does not explain why he is 22 so he must have went to prep school after high school or something.  Kelee Ringo RS SOPH on Georgia is 20 for example but there are other RS SOPH players that are 22 so really it is not a big deal, not like he is 27 or something.  

The point of being a RS Soph in this sense of people bringing it up like yourself is he is more raw and has more time to grow. A 20 year old that is more exciting with than a 22 year old. Nothing wrong with it. 

On 11/9/2022 at 2:54 PM, LinderFournette said:

id say carter would be a project since hes only played Defense 5 years and still has plenty of room to grow between his frame and technique. 

Let me be clear, I think he will end up being a high pick but I don't think scouts will look at him as a plug and play type of player. 

15 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Let me be clear, I think he will end up being a high pick but I don't think scouts will look at him as a plug and play type of player. 

i think if ur expecting him to be a plug and play starter ur expectations are off. 

i do think hes definitely plug and play ready in passing situations.