EDGE Talk

MOSteelers56

23 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The Army missed its recruiting goal by 25%. I'd be more surprised if he got it. I hope he does though.

if were basing it off previous precidents im pretty sure the army will grant him a waiver like former army players.   its usually decided on a case by case basis.  

i think the army would benefit more from the exposure of him being a top pick(would help recruit some football guys that could play) cuz he was granted the waiver and basically serve the recruiting station for 2 years after which they are offered to buy out the remaining active 3 years of service time for 6 years of reserve time. 

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

if were basing it off previous precidents im pretty sure the army will grant him a waiver like former army players.   its usually decided on a case by case basis.  

i think the army would benefit more from the exposure of him being a top pick(would help recruit some football guys that could play) cuz he was granted the waiver and basically serve the recruiting station for 2 years after which they are offered to buy out the remaining active 3 years of service time for 6 years of reserve time. 

Very much so this.  Get the first 1st rounder from Army in 50+ years.  

Tuli Tuipuloutu DE USC JR:  Has been talked about a bit I think, but holy crap.  I liked him the first time I saw him but watching him a bit more last night, that dude straight dominated that game.  His ability to get around the edge with his massive size at 290, I have not see barely anyone that size move like that on the edge.  Was standing up as a LB at times also and rushing from multiple locations.  If that is a legit 290 in size, not sure I have ever seen a guy that big be that quick as a pass rusher.  He is in great shape and has a great motor at that size!

Totally legit edge defender, would be a waste putting him as a 3/4 DE because he could easily be a 3/4 OLB or could be a great 4/3 DE.  Is playing better than any edge guy in the nation and could easily be a top 5 pick with that size and athletic ability.  Sure Will Anderson Jr probably goes ahead of him but that is it, and it is close because Will is not playing as great as Tuli has this season.  Granted not super competition but if Tuli performs in big games coming up he should easily be a top 5-10 pick.  Super impressive prospect and a must watch player.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Tuli Tuipuloutu DE USC JR:  Has been talked about a bit I think, but holy crap.  I liked him the first time I saw him but watching him a bit more last night, that dude straight dominated that game.  His ability to get around the edge with his massive size at 290, I have not see barely anyone that size move like that on the edge.  Was standing up as a LB at times also and rushing from multiple locations.  If that is a legit 290 in size, not sure I have ever seen a guy that big be that quick as a pass rusher.  He is in great shape and has a great motor at that size!

Totally legit edge defender, would be a waste putting him as a 3/4 DE because he could easily be a 3/4 OLB or could be a great 4/3 DE.  Is playing better than any edge guy in the nation and could easily be a top 5 pick with that size and athletic ability.  Sure Will Anderson Jr probably goes ahead of him but that is it, and it is close because Will is not playing as great as Tuli has this season.  Granted not super competition but if Tuli performs in big games coming up he should easily be a top 5-10 pick.  Super impressive prospect and a must watch player.

Glad you’re jumping on the Tuli Train

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Who are the best “bigger” DEs?

I’m talking 6’5 265+

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Tuli out of USC if used at DE in the NFL is the best 

Tuli is a beast, and easily the best that fits that description imo. Myles Murphy obviously comes to mind as well. I haven’t had a chance to watch the Texas Tech kid yet, but he’s in that height/weight range.

If you are asking more for DEs that are interior DLs, Bryan Bresee is one. I think he’s a little overhyped, but he’s still a good player.

Isaiah Foskey too. I haven’t seen him make an impact in the games I’ve watched, but I seem to just, by coincidence, watching his worst games.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 1:12 PM, Daniel said:

Tuli is a beast, and easily the best that fits that description imo. Myles Murphy obviously comes to mind as well. I haven’t had a chance to watch the Texas Tech kid yet, but he’s in that height/weight range.

If you are asking more for DEs that are interior DLs, Bryan Bresee is one. I think he’s a little overhyped, but he’s still a good player.

Isaiah Foskey too. I haven’t seen him make an impact in the games I’ve watched, but I seem to just, by coincidence, watching his worst games.

I forgot about Myles Murphy. I wanted to ask because those are the type of DEs my team Cleveland loves. 

Thank you fellas!