Is it time for Dobbs?

hornbybrown

He’s not a viable long-term starter but he’s probably still a top 40 quarterback in the NFL. Why is his current play a surprise to anyone? We signed a decent back up quarterback and called him our starter this season and accepted our fate when we traded for a guy who was going to miss most of the year at quarterback.

• Like 3

Right now probably 10% are seriously thinking about starting Dobbs. If we lose a blowout to the Ravens it will probably be 40+% and this thread would be well timed.

Dobbs seemed pretty successful in the preseason, I had him in the Rosen tier and in preseason it looked like I underestimated him. That may change if he starts an actual game, he may end up looking like a "why is this guy on the roster" player but until then he intrigued enough to at least be a thought in the back of your mind.

I say if Jacoby struggles we will start him when we are desperate. It might be 2-5 or it might be 2-6 but it's probably coming if we lose the next 2.

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He’s not a viable long-term starter but he’s probably still a top 40 quarterback in the NFL. Why is his current play a surprise to anyone? We signed a decent back up quarterback and called him our starter this season and accepted our fate when we traded for a guy who was going to miss most of the year at quarterback.

So you're saying we should fire Stefanski?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This thread is so much fun.  

6th in offensive efficiency and some Browns fans just can’t break the habit of “I’m thinking we should start the backup”.

Brissett the last 3 games (all losses) has thrown 2 TD and 4 picks. The team is 2-4 after the softest part of the schedule was completed. 

I'm sure you'll point to the defense as a big reason why we have 4 losses, well you can't bench the defense. 

I don't think it is time to bench Brissett but if the Browns lose this week it's time for radical ideas because the season is on the verge of completely slipping away. 

I do understand we have a statistically efficient offense. With a 31st rated QB and Nick freaking Chubb. It's probably equally because of each. 

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Brissett the last 3 games (all losses) has thrown 2 TD and 4 picks. The team is 2-4 after the softest part of the schedule was completed. 

I'm sure you'll point to the defense as a big reason why we have 4 losses, well you can't bench the defense. 

I don't think it is time to bench Brissett but if the Browns lose this week it's time for radical ideas because the season is on the verge of completely slipping away. 

I do understand we have a statistically efficient offense. With a 31st rated QB and Nick freaking Chubb. It's probably equally because of each. 

IMO it's the same issue this team has had the last 4 years going back to 2019. Mediocre (2020) to Terrible (2019, 2021, 2022) QB play, an elite running game with good overall OL play.