BDL 2022 Week 6 - Seoul Dragons @ Raleigh Firebirds

RuskieTitan

Who Wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Seoul Dragons
    • Raleigh Firebirds

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2022 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2022 Week 6

Match:  Seoul Dragons @ Raleigh Firebirds

Away Owner:  @RedGold

Home Owner:  @EaglesPeteC

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both.

Seoul Dragons

Offense:
QB:   Russell Wilson
RB:  Dameon Pierce
WR:  Devante Parker
WR: Marquez Valdes-Scantling
TE: Travis Kelce
TE: Pat Freiermuth
LT:  Ronnie Stanley
LG:  Joe Thuney
C:   Josh Myers
RG:  Alijah Vera-Tucker
RT:  Spencer Brown

Bench:  RB Kenneth Walker
Bench:  WR  George Pickens
Bench:  WR   Marvin Jones
Bench:  WR  Mecole Hardman
Bench:  TE Trey McBride
Bench:  T  Joe Noteboom
Bench:  G  James Daniels
Bench:  C  Rodney Hudson

Defense:
LE:  Boogie Basham
DT:  Dexter Lawrence
DT:  Foley Fatukasi
Edge:  Joe Tryon
LB:  Demario Davis
LB: K’won Alexander
CB:  Paulson Adebo
CB:  Kaiir Elam
CB:  Nate Hobbs
CB: Taron Johnson
FS:  Richie Grant

Bench:   LE Dayo Odeyingbo
Bench:   DL Payton Turner
Bench:  DT Derrick Nnadi
Bench:  Edge Frank Clark
Bench:   LB Devin Bush
Bench:  CB Kyler Gordon
Bench:  S Daxton Hill
Bench:  S Kerby Joseph

Raleigh Firebirds

Offense

QB- Kyler Murray 

RB- Christian McCaffrey 

WR- Davante Adams

WR- Robert Woods

WR- Isaiah McKenzie

TE- Mark Andrews

LT- Laremy Tunsil

LG- Landon Dickerson

C- Mitch Morse 

RG- Issac Seumalo 

RT- Jordan Mailata

RB- David Montgomery 

RB- Raheem Mostart

WR- Robbie Anderson 

WR- Marquez Callaway

TE- Robert Tonyan

TE- OJ Howard 

C- Garrett Bradbury 

OL- Jawaan Taylor

Defense

EDGE- Danielle Hunter

NT- Sebastian Joseph Day

DT- Grover Stewart

EDGE- Brandon Graham

LB- CJ Mosley

LB- Quay Walker

CB- Darius Slay

CB- Marcus Peters 

CB- Avonte Maddox

FS- Quandre Diggs

SS- Julian Blackmon

EDGE- Samson Ekubaum

DT- BJ Hill

DT- David Onyemata 

LB- EJ Speed

LB Rashaan Evans

CB- Bradley Roby

CB- Tre Flowers 

S- Taylor Rapp(Q)

Seoul Dragons

Motivation:   Right in the thick of the playoff hunt, Seoul is taking on a former QB in Kyler Murray.  We stay @home this week and want to remind Kyler what losing in Seoul feels like.

Offensive Strategy:  
Formations:  12 Personnel (40%) , 11 Personnel (40%), 22 Personnel (20%)
Scheme:  Pass(55%), Run(45%)
Tempo:  Normal

Passing:    Balanced attack this week from Seoul.    We will come out with a heavy play action pass offense, that looks to attack some weakness we see over the middle of the field.   We will keep a healthy balance of 3 WR and 2 TE sets against Raleigh.   Devante and Marquez will run a full route tree on the outside, with at least one of them going for the big play on most plays.  

While our outside WR’s will have the full route tree, our main focus this week will be targeting whomever is working in the slot.   Whether that be Pickens, Kelce, or Freiermuth we don’t believe Raleigh has anyone of capable of hanging with them in the intermediate passing game.   Our goal this week is to get Russ in rhythm and sustain long drives.

We will feature some 22 Personnel this week to put even more pressure on the Front 7 of Raleigh, we will line Pierce and Walker up in shotgun formation with Russ, with Kelce and Freiermuth remaining flexible with inline and slot alignment.   We will look for crossers to our TE’s out of this formation, along with hitting either RB out in the flat off play action.

Running:    

It is a Seoul matchup, so the running game will be a big part of what we do.    With an “almost” fully intact OL, we believe we can exploit any team in the running game.   We will bring zone concepts to this matchup, and mix in plenty of misdirection.   Our concentration this week will be outside zone concepts, looking to create cut back lines to get our RB’s matched up on Raleigh’s 2nd level defenders. 

Defensive Strategy:   Plenty of zone defense, keep Kyler in the pocket.   

Formations:  4-2-5(70%), 5-1-5(30%)

Passing:    We will come out with plenty of zone defense in this matchup with Raleigh, rotating mainly between cover 1 and cover 3 concepts.    Our formations this week will feature mostly 4 CB sets, as we believe Taron Johnson and Nate Hobbs have both showcased the zone coverage abilities and tackling ability to slide into a flex safety role.   We will play tight coverage on the outside, while dropping in a mix of deep zone concepts on the outside.    Taron and Nate will align off, for the most part, from their slot positions. we want their eyes faced forward reading the QB.   Taron Johnson will be following Mark Andrews, and Nate Hobbs will align to the weak side of the offense.   If Mark Andrews is aligned inside, we will be chipping with that edge and he will continue in an under coverage on him.    In these tight alignments, Demario Davis will be spying Kyler, and sitting back waiting for him to escape.  

We will not be featuring a ton of man coverages this week…  and will completely avoid it on 3rd Downs.    But on the rare occasions we do, it will be a Cover 1 with a complete shade towards Adams side.   Matchups follow

Kaiir Elam – Davante Adams
Paulson Adebo – Robert Woods
Taron Johnson – Mark Andrews
Nate Hobbs -  3rd WR/2nd TE/2nd RB
K’won Alexander – RB
Demario Davis -  Kyler

If Raleigh decides to go 5 WR with a RB in motion, the slot CB on that side will slide out and take coverage responsibilities on him. with K’won staying with the TE. 

Rushing:     

Raleigh has some solid backs, mixed in with running ability of Murray.    We aren’t pinning our Edge’s ears back this week, they will be chipping the TE and playing more edge contain.    That along with, we believe our Interior DL will keep our LB’s free  will go a long way to stopping the run naturally..  Edges will not be crashing if/when Raleigh decides to run any RPO’s, they will be responsible for Murray and trust our IDL and LB’s to contain runs up the middle.

Raleigh Firebirds

OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Seoul’s defense is built to stop the run. So the base plan will be to spread them out with 3 WR’s, Mark Andrews and Christian McCaffrey. A heavy dose of RPO will be built off of that look. We think the threat of the run in the RPO will get favorable matchups against a weak secondary and get players like Davante Adams and Mark Andrews in space and quickly. We also think that will eventually soften Davis and Bush from coming downhill as hard and will get some nice running lanes for McCaffrey, Montgomery and Murray. We generally like our offensive line vs the Seoul defensive line. In the run game we want to guards and run in the direction of their weakest run defender Joe Tryon. We also want to run those RPO’s and read options to Tryon’s side because we think he’ll come crashing down to try and get sacks and lead to some gash runs. After the run and quick pass game to really soften Seoul up, using play action to get our receivers (especially Adams and Andrews) downfield to hit on the chunk plays to put the game away.

Alternative looks: Bringing in Montgomery for a pony backfield and pulling a WR off the field. Running RPOs and run plays off of that with them in the backfield as well as splitting McCaffrey as a WR. 

Pulling a WR and putting Robert Tonyan in to get an even stronger run look for outside runs as well as attacking a player like Devin Bush in coverage.

DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Scheme hybrid 4-3

The only player for Seoul that we really worry about is Travis Kelce. We will do everything in our power to avoid him being the one to beat us. When he is lined up inline, we will bracket him with Avonte Maddox and Quay Walker short and a safety as he gets deeper. When Kelce goes to the outside. Slay will take on Kelce as he goes to the outside and then a safety will shade over to that side. We think our secondary can easily lock up the other “weapons” that Seoul will deploy to give us the flexibility to pay extra attention to Kelce. 

In the run game, we will start our two big run stuffers SJD and Grover Stewart on run downs as well as have CJ Mosley coming down hill on run fits. We want their runners to try to bounce to the outside and move laterally. We plan on rotating our defensive tackles to get Onyemata and Hill in for more pass rushing situations as well as rotating Graham and Ekubaum. We think by bottling up the run game and strong coverage on the outside it will make Seoul’s QB, who ever they end up starting, hold on to the ball and fit it into tight coverage which we think will lead to sacks and turnovers

I like the Seoul balance. I probably stick Hobbs on Davante though. I do get the flex safety role but I think that’s your best chance against Adams when you are in cover 1. I like the Raleigh plan for Kelce a lot. But the other weapons on Seoul I feel are being underrated by Raleigh. Raleigh does have some very good corners though and they provide a tough matchup outside for the Seoul receivers but I think the star of the Seoul offense will be there running game anyway. I’ll cast this vote at a later time as I’m still deciding.

8 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I like the Seoul balance. I probably stick Hobbs on Davante though. I do get the flex safety role but I think that’s your best chance against Adams when you are in cover 1. I like the Raleigh plan for Kelce a lot. But the other weapons on Seoul I feel are being underrated by Raleigh. Raleigh does have some very good corners though and they provide a tough matchup outside for the Seoul receivers but I think the star of the Seoul offense will be there running game anyway. I’ll cast this vote at a later time as I’m still deciding.

You right I am completely underrating that 0 for 0 stat line MVS put up this week 😂

23 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Davante is gonna get his regardless of who I put on him.   I liked Hobbs and Johnson inside, especially with their run support.    Kaiir has shown well,  he’s gonna get beat some because it’s Adams.. but he’s battled and made some big plays this year.  

Edit:  not bashing, appreciate the comments.  That was just my viewpoint. 

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 1

I definitely think both teams score some points. I appreciate Raleigh making an emphasis on stopping to have a skeleton I mean that's the smart business.

What I don't think it's smart is the indication that George Pickens Devon search Pickens devonte Parker MVS, And even Marvin Jones are not capable of doing some damage to a secondary. Well I think that Raleigh has a decent secondary, I don't know that I would refer to it as a secondary that is able to simply lock downThe other weapons that Seoul has. 

I think this is going to be a very low scoring and close game where Seoul edges out an upset.

Edited by wwhickok

Can I vote for a meteor to put these two teams out of their QB misery?

The Raleigh offense has more clear-cut weaponry in the passing game, and with their corners overqualified to stop the Seoul receivers, I think it was smart to give Slay some coverage action against Kelce.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Seoul thinks this game is at home, which is entertaining

Bored Over It GIF

I would like to blame alcohol,   but that was not a problem this week.         Lack of is what i'm going with.

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 1