2022-23 Titans Roster Moves and Injury Updates

KingTitan

19 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean i gotta be real, i don't see why we'd keep malik as QB2 if we don't think he can execute the offense at a similar level to woodside. i mean, do y'all remember woodside in the preseason? dude was an abject disaster. i don't see why we can't just go super conservative/run-heavy with malik with the added benefit of adding QB runs to the gameplan. seems much more workable, tbh.

I agree with you but it could be that they’d didn’t want to keep 3 QBs and knew Malik wouldn’t last on the PS. He’d be snatched up ASAP. There’s absolutely no reason for Woodside to start though. 

Woodside is trash. LIKE REAL TRASH and if we start him cause we are scared Malik can't cut it why did we draft the kid? Woodside will play and throw the ball just as bad as Malik will behind this oline and sure maybe take less sacks but will throw more picks. Malik can at least run guys lmao. It's really a lose lose type but like KT said run the army offense haha use the wild cat all game idc unless we want to forfeit cause that is what starting woodside means unless the defense plays out of their mind and we get 4 turnovers and we might win 13-10 lmao. Its gonna be a rough spot tbh

How is big jeff doing?

9 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Woodside is trash. LIKE REAL TRASH and if we start him cause we are scared Malik can't cut it why did we draft the kid? Woodside will play and throw the ball just as bad as Malik will behind this oline and sure maybe take less sacks but will throw more picks. Malik can at least run guys lmao. It's really a lose lose type but like KT said run the army offense haha use the wild cat all game idc unless we want to forfeit cause that is what starting woodside means unless the defense plays out of their mind and we get 4 turnovers and we might win 13-10 lmao. Its gonna be a rough spot tbh

How is big jeff doing?

Why is everyone scared for Simmons? Didn’t he play the rest of the game after he went down?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Why is everyone scared for Simmons? Didn’t he play the rest of the game after he went down?

well yeah, but so did tannehill and his injury was obviously limiting to the extent that we're wondering if he'll even go next week. i think simmons' was probably less serious, but it's harder to tell from the broadcast with a DT

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

well yeah, but so did tannehill and his injury was obviously limiting to the extent that we're wondering if he'll even go next week. i think simmons' was probably less serious, but it's harder to tell from the broadcast with a DT

True, but it’s a bit different for a guy that weighs 300 plus pounds and plays the position he plays. Can’t just go through the motions on a bum ankle. Unless adrenaline took him through the last 5 mins of the game and it got way worse overnight he’s probably fine. I’m assuming Tannehill could play too, it’s just a matter of if Vrabel wants him to rest it or not. 

Starting Woodside would send a whack message. I just don't see Vrabel doing this.

Tannehill could be ok. Let's see. This idea that people should be "more concerned" about Tannehill being hurt is funny. If there was an inkling that his injury was potentially bad, he wouldn't have finished the game.

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/titans-qb-ryan-tannehill-progressing-while-getting-treatment-for-ankle-injury-on

From what it looked like, and sounds like, it seems like a hard hit and bruise in an annoying area.

29 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

\If there was an inkling that his injury was potentially bad, he wouldn't have finished the game.

derrick henry did exactly this like a year ago lol. ryan is a tough SOB and could barely move. shouldn't be surprising if we hold him out for a week or so to let him heal up.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

derrick henry did exactly this like a year ago lol. ryan is a tough SOB and could barely move. shouldn't be surprising if we hold him out for a week or so to let him heal up.

I guess I meant to say, whatever injury he had, had the potential to be worse if he still played.

And to be honest I hope they learned from that Henry injury to not just let a guy play because he has earned it, because you can possibly make an injury worse or cause another.

18 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I think folks are extra worried based on hoe MW looked in the BUF game...with a week of practice taking all the reps I think he will look at least competent. I doubt Tannehill will likely not practice, therefore I would say he doesn't start. 

I mean Malik just isn’t ready. I wasn’t a huge fan of his regardless but for a 3rd round pick, you couldn’t pass him up. Dude has a long way to go to be an NFL starting QB. They’ve already told Malik to not run as much so effectively they’ve taken his best weapon away. Although if I was a QB, I wouldn’t want to stay in the pocket behind this OL either.

I agree that he isn't ready to play substantial snaps, but having the week to prep and prepare a gameplay for him, I imagine he will not be a train wreck. I imagine we could put something together to play to his strengths, and give him some reasonable reads. 

I goofed above and meant to say I doubt he practices, therefore I doubt he plays. I don't want an RT playing that can't use his legs...with our O-line. 

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Lies Liar GIF

Especially after they got after the QB. 
But that would be about right. Something none of us think is really top priority they would do. Not you know find someone that can block. Lol

I mean I wouldn’t hate it because you can never have too many pass-rushers but that contract… yikes

5 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Im not "scared" for him but when your best player has a injury you wanna know if he's okay the day after. And playing the rest of the game doesn't mean anything to me. King played the rest of the game last year and a day later he was out till the playoff game so yeee

HOW IS BIG JEFF lmao