Week 7 Thread: "That what you're looking for has been here the whole time" - Taylor Heinicke-Swift - GB @ WSH

MikeT14

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s amazing how inept these offenses have been given how many yards have been put up. Even with that, they just don’t look right.

I think Heinicke gives this team a spark, like he did in Dec of 2020 & in September of 2021. I’m not sure that translates into a lot of wins - in fact I’m fairly certain it doesn’t - but I expect him to make some plays moving around inside & outside the pocket with his legs that Wentz is incapable of.

My Heinicke stats for the game:

70%, 275 yds, 2 TDs, 1 int & 75 yards rushing

Like I said, Heinicke looks better this week than Wentz did vs the Bears & think between BRob, Gibby & McKissic we rush for 125 yards & a TD but, I feel our D won’t be able to stop their running game - like they couldn’t stop the Bears run game last week - the difference is we aren’t playing Justin Fields in the Redzone, we’re playing Aaron freaking Rodgers. It’s a get right game for the packers O IMO, especially Rodgers.

Packers: 27

C’s: 17

Yea henickie going suck 

idk where u getting these stats from lol

75 yards rushing 

9 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Yea henickie going suck 

idk where u getting these stats from lol

75 yards rushing 

He rushed for 95 yards vs the packers last year bro, which I’ve mentioned now in different threads a handful of times. He will evade the rush/pocket and gain yards when he’s getting rushed in the pocket, where Wentz too often stares down the rush in the pocket & gets sacked like a sitting duck.

Also, I’m actually being conservative w/ 75 yards rushing if we’re saying he’s going to play as he did last year vs Green Bay. I believe last year he almost rushed for a TD at Green Bay in a scramble inside the 20.

Here’s a Heinicke refresher for you:

Taylor Heinicke Week 7 @ Packers Highlights | Benezette Films

https://youtu.be/351zbvnKalQ via @YouTube

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He rushed for 95 yards vs the packers last year bro, which I’ve mentioned now in different threads a handful of times. He will evade the rush/pocket and gain yards when he’s getting rushed in the pockets, where Wentz too often stares down the rush in the pocket & gets sacked like a sitting duck.

Also, I’m actually being conservative w/ 75 yards rushing if we’re saying he’s going to play as he did last year vs Green Bay. I believe last year he almost rushed for a TD at Green Bay in a scramble inside the 20.

okay turtle 

Let not hype henickie up like the rest of the other back ups we’ve had before . 
hes not good and he will be benched or released by the end of 2023 

Edited by IHatesnyder

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He rushed for 95 yards vs the packers last year bro, which I’ve mentioned now in different threads a handful of times. He will evade the rush/pocket and gain yards when he’s getting rushed in the pockets, where Wentz too often stares down the rush in the pocket & gets sacked like a sitting duck.

I am with Turtle on this one - I bet our Offense looks a lot better with him at the helm. His legs should create some opportunities. Now.... he shrinks the field, but maybe his anticipation increased and we see less of those holdbacks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

okay turtle 

Let not hype henickie up like the rest of the other back ups we’ve had before . 
hes not good and he will be benched or released by the end of 2023 

It’s not hype, I’m saying what happened last year & I don’t know why we wouldn’t expect him to play similar to that especially considering his #2 WR this year will be playing - Curtis Samuel. Heinicke barely had Samuel last year.

15 hours ago, Troublez said:

I am with Turtle on this one - I bet our Offense looks a lot better with him at the helm. His legs should create some opportunities. Now.... he shrinks the field, but maybe his anticipation increased and we see less of those holdbacks.

He shrinks the field, but he also moves the offense a lot more consistently.  Play action will be open across the middle, and we can create mis-matches with speed (McLaurin, Dotson, Brown) across the middle, and size (Thomas) in the seams…..provided all are healthy.  

This is a closer game than I anticipated at the start of the year, but I also see this being a “get right” game for A-A-Ron.  38-27 Green Bay. 

If Jahan plays, it will help Heineke a lot. I think Heineke gives a little spark simply because of his mobility and isn't a sitting duck for the dline. His weak arm is going to take away any deep threat which is going to hurt but one thing we know is that he'll force some balls to Terry which Wentz has not done at all this year which has been extremely frustrating. With our top 3 receivers they will get open and Heineke moving around will give them a chance. Don't get me wrong, I think Heineke is not good at all, but for one or 2 games he is a good backup. Kenny Clark is going to eat the interior line's lunch. It's going to be very ugly. Our only chance is if our Dline does what the Jets did last week, which they should if Rodgers holds onto the ball, but Rodgers will throw bubble after bubble and slant after slant againt our 9 yard cushioned DB's. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He shrinks the field, but he also moves the offense a lot more consistently.  Play action will be open across the middle, and we can create mis-matches with speed (McLaurin, Dotson, Brown) across the middle, and size (Thomas) in the seams…..provided all are healthy.  

This is a closer game than I anticipated at the start of the year, but I also see this being a “get right” game for A-A-Ron.  38-27 Green Bay. 

I’ll be shocked if we score 27 points 

we score 16 more than likely 

5 hours ago, Scott Land said:

If Jahan plays, it will help Heineke a lot. I think Heineke gives a little spark simply because of his mobility and isn't a sitting duck for the dline. His weak arm is going to take away any deep threat which is going to hurt but one thing we know is that he'll force some balls to Terry which Wentz has not done at all this year which has been extremely frustrating. With our top 3 receivers they will get open and Heineke moving around will give them a chance. Don't get me wrong, I think Heineke is not good at all, but for one or 2 games he is a good backup. Kenny Clark is going to eat the interior line's lunch. It's going to be very ugly. Our only chance is if our Dline does what the Jets did last week, which they should if Rodgers holds onto the ball, but Rodgers will throw bubble after bubble and slant after slant againt our 9 yard cushioned DB's. 

I don’t think henickie will be good at all. He’s going to have a similar game like Zach Wilson and throw a pick or two. Like you said he has a limited arm but what good is even that when the OL been pathetic . reality is if the OL played way better with better play calls then we would be least 3-2 or something . 

22 hours ago, Troublez said:

I think he’s going to 1 td -2 int and 160 yards and 40 yards rushing imo 

packers defense is a lot better than credited . Only reason jets won was the defense and special team . Their run game did a lot .

• Like 1