Week 7 Thread: "That what you're looking for has been here the whole time" - Taylor Heinicke-Swift - GB @ WSH

MikeT14

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He shrinks the field, but he also moves the offense a lot more consistently.  Play action will be open across the middle, and we can create mis-matches with speed (McLaurin, Dotson, Brown) across the middle, and size (Thomas) in the seams…..provided all are healthy.  

This is a closer game than I anticipated at the start of the year, but I also see this being a “get right” game for A-A-Ron.  38-27 Green Bay. 

Hopefully Heinicke can find the open receivers across the middle. John Keim said on air today after rewatching last years GB game w/ Heinicke starting it easy clear he was throwing high sometimes bc he couldn’t see guys open/couldn’t step into throws. Keim also said Heinicke missed some open things in the middle of the field bc he couldn’t see them.

4 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

I’ll be shocked if we score 27 points 

we score 16 more than likely 

We’ll that’s better than 10. 😂 And how many times have we scored 27 pts this year? We’ve only scored over 20 twice in 6 games. So, 4 times we scored 17 or less. 3 times 12 or under. 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

We’ll that’s better than 10. 😂 And how many times have we scored 27 pts this year? We’ve only scored over 20 twice in 6 games. So, 4 times we scored 17 or less. 3 times 12 or under. 

The cowboys D and eagles defense is good 

so the struggles would make sense 

For us, Howell should start now crowd, just keep in mind it’s the NFL & the back up is always just 1 play away like Taylor was behind Carson & Heinicke’s playing style is a bit reckless at times & he’s battled injuries even last year.

Edited by turtle28

17 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

I don’t think henickie will be good at all. He’s going to have a similar game like Zach Wilson and throw a pick or two. Like you said he has a limited arm but what good is even that when the OL been pathetic . reality is if the OL played way better with better play calls then we would be least 3-2 or something . 

I am in no way shape or form a Henickie guy, I like having him as a backup because he can make plays if the starter goes down, and he's shown that when in a limited role. The only slack I will give him is last year he was throwing to Cam Sims, Dax Milne, and John Bates besides Terry. MAYBE with the playmakers we have now, his extensions of plays will allow more people to get open, will he make the throw? Probably not no, but one can dream right?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I am in no way shape or form a Henickie guy, I like having him as a backup because he can make plays if the starter goes down, and he's shown that when in a limited role. The only slack I will give him is last year he was throwing to Cam Sims, Dax Milne, and John Bates besides Terry. MAYBE with the playmakers we have now, his extensions of plays will allow more people to get open, will he make the throw? Probably not no, but one can dream right?

To add to this, most of the year last year Adam Humphries was technically our #2 WR bc of Samuel’s injury & Humphries isn’t even in the league this year. 

Then, you have DeAndre Carter who for several weeks was our #2 or 3 WR as well on top of Cam Sims playing some as our #2 or 3 WR, us having rely on Ricky Seals Jones as our starting TE most of the year bc of Logan Thomas’s hamstring injury & then season ending knee injury the first week in Dec.

We clearly have better weapons this year & should have a more reliable running game - as long as Turner sticks to it & we don’t have a lot of penalties - so, this will help Heinicke as long as our interior OL holds up enough against Kenny Clark and company of the Packers.

We got the turnovers vs Bears & won. Imagine that?

I think what Heinike will bring going forward, is something we've also been terrible at most of the year.

3rd down conversions on Offense.

Wentz doesn't have the mobility to scamper for a 1st, so he pretty much has to complete the pass for the 1st down, or were screwed.

Heinike will bring that extra element to the Offense. Plus having Robinson back to lean on.

The long ball is a concern, though. We're gonna have to figure out a way to stretch the field.

Can't believe I'm saying this....

But I believe we're going to look like a more consistent, well balanced team with Heinike in at QB.

I think this team goes on a run & shatters you guys draft dream scenarios.

At least I hope.