Week 7 Thread: "That what you're looking for has been here the whole time" - Taylor Heinicke-Swift - GB @ WSH

MikeT14

We're winning because we're playing good Defense. Pretty obvious to me.

That & we're running the ball.

Heinike is as good a backup, as we could ask for.

What he doesn't have in arm strength & height/size?

He makes up for in mobility, leadership, & off the cusp plays.

Simply put....He's a poor man's Tony Romo.

We can continue to win, if our Defense & Running game continue playing well.

It also doesn't hurt having playmakers on Offense like Scary Terry, Gibson, etc.

2 in a row. Time for the Colts.

2 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

We would be 4-3 or 5-2 if the defense played like it’s playing now

oline also is doing much better

but it also feels like Tay Tay gives McLauren a chance to make plays 

I don’t think the defense is good.  They played two really bad offenses back to back. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t think the defense is good.  They played two really bad offenses back to back. 

Really? Think defense been getting more consistent . Once Jackson was out our defense played more discipline . Think it has another good game next Sunday also. 

42 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

We would be 4-3 or 5-2 if the defense played like it’s playing now

oline also is doing much better

but it also feels like Tay Tay gives McLauren a chance to make plays 

It think we be 5-2 and our offense played like this in the second half .

First off, again credit to our defense which has been playing a lot better in recent weeks. Guys are stepping up, even if we aren't getting the turnovers.

Tress Way is incredible.

Hats off to Heinicke who bounced back with a stellar second half. What he does well is let one of the best WRs in the game go make plays. If you can trust those 50/50 balls to become 60/40+ you use it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

First off, again credit to our defense which has been playing a lot better in recent weeks. Guys are stepping up, even if we aren't getting the turnovers.

Tress Way is incredible.

Hats off to Heinicke who bounced back with a stellar second half. What he does well is let one of the best WRs in the game go make plays. If you can trust those 50/50 balls to become 60/40+ you use it. 

I want Tress to have a Pat McAfee type post career, because I think he's got the charisma for it. Beside that overall, I'm glad we have him. He's been our most consistent player for years.

• Like 1

Just got a chance to watch it. 

Defense has been legit since they benched WJ3. Hard to blame it on one guy, but…

As one of the most stubborn defenders of Antonio Gibson and Jamin Davis, it was a fine day for me. I’m fully aware that soon I’m going to start hearing the masses saying that Gibson is great now that he isn’t the starter and it’s cool to think he’s a breath of fresh air. He’s clearly the more explosive player between he and Robinson, who runs like a diesel truck. It was hard to watch him get chased down by multiple DL (including Kenny Clark!) because it takes him forever to get going. Jamin continues to improve and was actually a weapon at times against the run game from what I saw. He’s already been very good in terms of dealing with opposing RBs coming out of the backfield, this is the needed next step.

Heinicke was a pretty big yuck for most of the game, I thought, but he threw a real dime to Terry for the TD. He certainly can get hot and string together some plays, and it’s fun when that’s happening.

Others have mentioned, but it just has to be reiterated over and over again, the thing Wentz failed at most here was finding ways to force the ball to Terry McLaurin. That dude is just awesome. He ate Jaire’s lunch over and over when we needed it. Throw him the damn ball. That should be option 1 on basically every passing play.

And finally, just to throw a little ice water on another fan (and E) favorite, Tress was a beast, but…what the hell was that awful pooch punt with 30 seconds to go? I need better than pinning them at the 18 yard line. I need Finesse Tress, not just Bomber Tress.

• Like 3