Packer problems

Packer backer

7 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Could be worse. Couldve taken Gladney 🤷‍♂️

What a trash *** take when you can easily look at a quantifiable, straight apples to apples comp and see Swift is on par with Dillon.

And thats without the unquantifiable stat of JLove made Aaron back to back MVPs.

Look at the players selected around our pick. Just like every year, lots of dudes who arent doing much, at least yet.  But yeah, rail on the pick the FO was figuring would keep the Packers in a healthy situation if late 30s Rodgers decided to pack it up

Revisionist history at its finest. They weren't taking Love incase Rodgers decided to retire, they took Love because they thought he was in a sharp decline and wanted a way to push him out the door. Thats why Rodgers spent the last two years trying to get 50 millon a year, he knows with that much of a financial commitment there's no way the Packers could get rid of him unless its on his terms. He accomplished what Favre never could.

Once again the best pick of that draft class is a backup RB we took in the 2nd round. Sounds like a pretty weak draft to me.

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

Revisionist history at its finest. They weren't taking Love incase Rodgers decided to retire, they took Love because they thought he was in a sharp decline and wanted a way to push him out the door. Thats why Rodgers spent the last two years trying to get 50 millon a year, he knows with that much of a financial commitment there's no way the Packers could get rid of him unless its on his terms. He accomplished what Favre never could.

Once again the best pick of that draft class is a backup RB we took in the 2nd round. Sounds like a pretty weak draft to me.

Just admit youre bad at contrarian takes. Its ok, just practice with your friends first.

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Thats why Rodgers spent the last two years trying to get 50 millon a year, he knows with that much of a financial commitment there's no way the Packers could get rid of him unless its on his terms.

This is not a good thing.

10 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Like one of the 4 players you cherry picked to stand against our class was a RB whos had all the opportunity and is producing like our backup, who was taken like 20 picks later, and basically had a redshirt first year.

Swift thing was super random, guessing he just liked him coming out

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins, Brandon Aiyuk, and De'Andre Swift are just a handful of names that have either equaled or outproduced our ENTIRE 2020 draft class. 2020 was by far Gutes weakest draft and it isn't even close.

Why'd you leave out Burrow, Herbert, Brown, Wirfs, Wills?

If you are going to cherry pick players, don't leave so many on the tree

18 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Like one of the 4 players you cherry picked to stand against our class was a RB whos had all the opportunity and is producing like our backup, who was taken like 20 picks later, and basically had a redshirt first year.

Why has Swift gotten all the opportunities exactly? Because he proved in camp he's the best man for the job.

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Swift thing was super random, guessing he just liked him coming out

Super random, because if youre grading drafts, even though they had the #3 overall you might still take our draft straight up. At worst its a wash, with the unkown recuperation Love might fetch.

Just now, squire12 said:

Out of the 9 players we picked in that draft class only Runyan is a starter and he hasn't exactly been good. Don't know how anyone can argue that was a good draft class. 

7 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Because they dont have Aaron Jones. Hes had to compete with Kerryon (and our old backup whos rivaling his production)

What's that say about AJ Dillon if Swift can beat Jamaal Williams out in camp but AJ cant? AJ is a good player dont get me wrong, but he simply doesn't get enough touches to justify taking him in the 2nd round.

28 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I wish I could search the term "Tee Higgins" in this section, two searches, one right before the draft, one the day after until now. I bet there's like 40 mentions before and 29384098243098239048230984902384098712390847390274907027149807 after.

42 minutes ago, StatKing said:

What's that say about AJ Dillon if Swift can beat Jamaal Williams out in camp but AJ cant? AJ is a good player dont get me wrong, but he simply doesn't get enough touches to justify taking him in the 2nd round.

You really need me to explain jamaals role and how good he is in that role?

And the fact jamaal has 3x the touches this year isnt really helping you either.

You made a bad argument. It happens..

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1