Week 7: NY Jets vs DEN Broncos

Bobby816

Another very winnable game here for us.

We're coming in hot and Denver is struggling. On top of that, they're on a short week after playing MNF. Russ just isn't looking good. He also apparently injured his hamstring last night late and he already was getting injections on his throwing shoulder. So he wont be himself more than likely Sunday. Which we need to capitalize on. Because with Gordon and Murray at RB, that aspect just doesn't scare me. They have nothing on offense that I think we need to be scared of.

On defense though... they're very solid. They don't give up a lot of yardage or points. They're top 5 in the league in both those categories. Their passing game is stingy but they can be ran on. So I expect us to give them a heavy dose of Hall and Carter. I expect a similar game plan to what we did to GB.

It'd be nice to get the WRs going if DEN decides to stack the box and see if Wilson and the WRs can beat them. But I dont care how we win anymore... as long as we're winning.

Prediction

NYJ: 27

DEN: 17

Surtain is a shut down type cb so expect him to be all over whoever they feel is the biggest threat.

To win this game we are going to have to be smart and patient with the ball. Can't turn the ball over and give them short fields.

Good chance we hold them out of the end zone. I think this winds ups being 20-12 Jets.

DWC declaring Douglas and the off-season a failure for not signing JC.. NFL Gen would be incredible if he were still around, lol.

Starting to build an identity, while hopefully allowing Zach time to develop the right way. Let’s keep it rolling this week.

• Like 2

Need to make use of our TE's this game.  Get the RB's even more involved in the passing game.  Short quick throws to set up the run.  It will be tight going into the 4th but I think their D may get worn down just enough to pull out a W.  The Leg is going to be the difference.

Same gameplan vs GB.  Russ takes a ton of sacks and if he's not as mobile that's even better.  In GB when we did throw we seemed to target Jaire.  Maybe this time we play it smart and avoid Surtain because he's that good.

Hopefully that defense is starting to wear down with all of the snaps they are playing and on a short week.  I expect a low scoring affair since that seems to be the way DEN games go.  We match up well with our ability to hit the QB and match up 1v1 out wide.  Their run game isn't nearly as good as GBs so if we can play mistake free no reason we can't escape with another road win. 

A game where our DL depth should actually come into play in the high altitude.

I'll say we squeeze out a tight road win 20-13. 

The Broncos have a very good defense, we just have to come out with a W. If our DL plays like they have been playing, we will be putting pressure on Wilson and hitting him. The Broncos OL hasn't been good.  Wilson is banged up as well, hurt his hamstring and he has another injury as well. 

Expecting a low scoring boring game. Would be nice to see Zach make some big plays but more importantly protect the football and take what the D gives. Our defense has to continue to play the way it has been. Love the stunting, love that we are generating pressure with 4, but still want to send an extra rusher every now and then in a big spot to confuse Russ. I think its going to be a very close game. 17-13 and that can go in either direction. 

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am not even expecting Russ to play.  I think Rypien will be under C.

Crazy as it sounds much like me wanting Rodgers to throw this last week. I'd rather a Russ with a bad hammy and shoulder out there against us than Rypien. So I'm hoping he does play. But I can totally see them sitting him, especially after a short week and his poor play.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Crazy as it sounds much like me wanting Rodgers to throw this last week. I'd rather a Russ with a bad hammy and shoulder out there against us than Rypien. So I'm hoping he does play. But I can totally see them sitting him, especially after a short week and his poor play.

100% agree, I want Russ out there. I want our defense to dominate their offense. I want our offense to have some balance and move the football in both the running and passing game even if we aren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard. Our defensive scheme is truly built and at its best when playing with a lead and forcing opponents to have to throw out of desperation. I still expect a close game regardless of whether Russ plays or not. Their D is just that good. I just hope we dont take them lightly, come out jacked up and ready to deliver another AFC opponent an L in their building.