Week 7: NY Jets vs DEN Broncos

Bobby816

Looks like Wilson has a shot to play. I don't care what QB they have the Jets will not allow them to throw for much at all. Denver RB are pretty bad too with Gordon looking for a trade out of Denver. I really don't see Denver getting at TD unles it is by the D, Special Teams, or a junk one at the end. The only way Denver wins this game is if Zach turns the ball over several times which he can do. The Jets have to give the rock to Hall 25 times and he will get around 125 plus yards with at least 1 TD. Gardner and Reed will shut out Judey and Sutton no problem. I don't think Denver D is that great. I think they are in the middle of the pack. The Jets come out and take control of the clock, game flow and win on all levels. 

Jets 24

Denver 10 

I think Denver D gets a score with a pick. 

16 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think Denver D is that great. I think they are in the middle of the pack

They are pretty good.  Forgetting the rankings which are top 5, they held the Chargers, a good offensive team, to one TD and 19 pts.  They can be susceptible to the run (ranked 13 just below the Jets) but they allowed only 3 rush TD.  As I said, it will probably come down to the Leg and 0 TO.  

Yeah the Denver D is easily the best we've seen this year. I want more boring football from Zach. Wins are more important. IDC how many yards he throws for as long as we are moving the football and not turning it over. If we do this we should be able to be in a position to win. Its going to be a very tough game though but we have the talent to beat them. 

This will likely be another run heavy approach. Chargers just slung the pull 57 times and had issues moving the ball. Broncos wanna play down hill, we run the ball and get them on their heels and then take the top off. 

As long as Zach is putting up close to 8 YPA the ball should be moving through the air efficiently. 

28 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This will likely be another run heavy approach. Chargers just slung the pull 57 times and had issues moving the ball. Broncos wanna play down hill, we run the ball and get them on their heels and then take the top off. 

As long as Zach is putting up close to 8 YPA the ball should be moving through the air efficiently. 

Yeah the comp % isn't where you want it to be but he is protecting the ball well and when he does throw he's been effective in the 10-19 yard range which is the sweet spot I think for him.  Those chunk plays are where he needs to thrive.  

Couple of this which are important heading into the game with Denver. Should the Jets lose, they will become the "Same Ol' Jets".

The Jets need to win against Denver and then make a statement game against the Patriots. Zach Wilson has yet in this Jet 3 game winning streak,

to display why the Jets drafted him in the first place. 

Don't be fooled into thinking that Breese Hall is the Jets new identity while leaving what is possibly the best trio of WR's the Jets have had in the shadows.

Not to mention the TE's they have. The Jets have managed to win 3 very losable games. The miracle in Cleveland is on Cleveland, take a knee and the Jets lose. 

The Steeler game same thing, a very losable game, and the Steelers did everything they could and did lose it. In GB, the Jets absolutely defensively destroyed the Packers. But it was 3-3 going into the half. 

Denver is the game they must offensively and defensively put a stamp on their progress. If the Jets lose 4-3 and going to face N.E., another loss 4-4, then they play Buffalo which could be another loss and all of a sudden our Jets are 4-5.

So the Jets have to win 2 of these games and if they can beat the Bill's at the least they have to give the Bills something to worry about.

Lets see what happens.... My prediction the Jets win 30-10

1 hour ago, Big T said:

Denver is the game they must offensively and defensively put a stamp on their progress. If the Jets lose 4-3 and going to face N.E., another loss 4-4, then they play Buffalo which could be another loss and all of a sudden our Jets are 4-5.

The Jets are beginning to believe. Even the vets are amped. That is a powerful thing. Saleh and the rest of the staff may just be onto to something. Except Boyer. He always had his unit ready. Like a young Ron Jeremy.

9 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

20-17, Broncos.  

They will blitz heavy. Our defense will put up another good fight. They'll win with a FG. 

Bronco's are terrible offensively, Zach is due for a Zach like game. Unlike past teams this year the Jets got an infusion not only of talent, but game changers, difference makers. Its not only Williams by himself, Sauce has made a difference which translates to Williams effectiveness. Hall is a difference maker, Wilson the WR is a difference maker, go down the line. Everyone of the draft picks have made an impact in games won maybe with the exception of the TE. 

No the Bronco's are not holding the Jets to 17, the Jets will score 17 in the 4th quarter by themselves. 

I just disagree with your prediction, my prediction is Hall is going to have a field day.

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If Russell is dealing with a hamstring issue I’m all for sending heat his way to get him on the move. He already can’t throw with 4 coming, I can’t imagine his surprise with dudes flying around in his face and him having to use his legs. 

I agree, I'd rather face Wilson than Johnson. Bc I believe I read that if Wilson cant go. Josh Johnson would start not Rypien.

12 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

20-17, Broncos.  

They will blitz heavy. Our defense will put up another good fight. They'll win with a FG. 

Just keep picking us to lose Ricky….it’s worked the last three weeks 😂😂

Edited by KimuraGod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

Just keep picking us to lose Ricky….it’s worked the last three weeks 😂😂

24 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol You get me. 

Haha.

I'm 100% on our record so far on my original post each week. With my scores not far off either. So I hope I can keep this streak going.

I have us winning this week FYI

• Like 2