Week 7: NY Jets vs DEN Broncos

Bobby816

I actually schematically like the way this game looks for the Jets offense. Broncos have been relying on their edge rushers to use pure speed and I think they'll attack them in the running game and that will help calm down the pass rush. Lean into the play action game and find those short-intermediate windows that Zach has been pretty good at this year.  I expect a pretty decent game from G. Wilson.

Defensively I'm not totally sure. Jets have had success with cover 3 and man this year but I think they're gonna want to be in 2-high looks a little bit more than normal. Looking at the safeties and LBs in zone coverage as the difference makers good or bad. They diagnosed really well and flew to the ball against GB. Gotta keep that up.

I'll say Jets win, 23-20

Edited by Sandwhich2
Typo

Comes down to the trenches and TOs as always.  Our DL and OL have been imposing their will on the opposition recently and we should yet again have the advantage.  Our DL should feast on a banged up DEN OL and a hobbled Russ.  They have a decent pass rush but our game is smash mouth and that is the best way to attack them.  In the passing game we need to focus on the underneath passing against their LBs and utilize the screen game.  They struggle to tackle and our guys are some of the best and breaking them.  Short easy passes and let them work.  We do that and we will see success.

As bad as they have been, going to Mile High is never easy.  Got to keep that DL fresh.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Watch Mims have a day. Man that'd be a story

I hope he does. Even a big catch or two. Subtract undersized pouting receiver whose been running lazy routes and hasnt been getting AS open as some fans want to tell you (watch the game tape without bias). Insert 6'3 X receiver with a lot to prove who is hungry to play and just wants to play, who also happens to be a great run blocker. Team will play for each other. Let Mims run those burner routes that Moore doesn't want to. Moore doesn't want to be a slot receiver where he could be carving up defenses but also doesn't want to run the longer developing routes and burners that an outside receiver has to in certain concepts. Dude is just a d0uch3. No need for that kind of attitude here. Give Mims a shot, recoup draft capital or do a player swap. Draft another WR on day 2 in 2023. Need character here. His body language sucks, that clip even last year was alarming where AVT had to tell him "don't do that". If I am the HC, I would say the same thing Saleh is saying but you bet you @$$ and I am telling Joe Douglas to get rid of this cancer. You can't fix this. It will never work. Be realistic. He 100% has to go. 

9 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I hope he does. Even a big catch or two. Subtract undersized pouting receiver whose been running lazy routes and hasnt been getting AS open as some fans want to tell you (watch the game tape without bias). Insert 6'3 X receiver with a lot to prove who is hungry to play and just wants to play, who also happens to be a great run blocker. Team will play for each other. Let Mims run those burner routes that Moore doesn't want to. Moore doesn't want to be a slot receiver where he could be carving up defenses but also doesn't want to run the longer developing routes and burners that an outside receiver has to in certain concepts. Dude is just a d0uch3. No need for that kind of attitude here. Give Mims a shot, recoup draft capital or do a player swap. Draft another WR on day 2 in 2023. Need character here. His body language sucks, that clip even last year was alarming where AVT had to tell him "don't do that". If I am the HC, I would say the same thing Saleh is saying but you bet you @$$ and I am telling Joe Douglas to get rid of this cancer. You can't fix this. It will never work. Be realistic. He 100% has to go. 

We know we want to win by running the ball. But good defenses like DEN game plan well. And I could see them forcing Wilson to beta them with his arm until that's not working. So the WRs winning this Sunday can be big. 

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Too bad we're facing a very good pass defense. Our passing offense isn't likely to be much different than last week.

I don't even care if he catches them but most certainly need a few shots downfield to him just to keep the defense honest.  He's 6'4" with 4.3 speed there is no reason not to take a few shots to him.  DEN knows we want to run and will be loading the box plus I doubt Surtain is going to be following Mims around.  Get the right match up and let him win a jump ball it will only help the run game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

If they use Mims how they’ve been using Eli I actually think he’s a better fit

I think every team needs to take 3+ shots down field a game. So hopefully this opens that up for us. Bc he’s after and bigger than Moore. So that part of their games benefit Mims.