Week 7 Other Games GDT

SteelKing728

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

I follow Jeopardy pretty closely, and at the time they were looking for a new host and Rodgers was in the running for it, he was not regarded well by the fanbase watching the show. He was rated about 5th in a group of 7.

He was perceived as (surprise!) arrogant, and had difficulties relating to the contestants.

That was my thought...I didn't follow it real closely as I haven't watched it all that much in years (because of the time it's on), but the few times I did catch it when he was on, he appeared to be stiff and not engaging at all.  He attempted to be funny at times...and wasn't.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, swede700 said:

That was my thought...I didn't follow it real closely as I haven't watched it all that much in years (because of the time it's on), but the few times I did catch it when he was on, he appeared to be stiff and not engaging at all.  He attempted to be funny at times...and wasn't.  

Agreed. Not engaging at all. Not a fan of Aaron on or off the field or even on Jeopardy. Aaron is no fun and awkward. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Anyone want to raise their hand that they foresaw Seattle leading the NFC West after 7 weeks . . . With a 4-3 record?   

Holy smokes!!!!😳

It actually shouldn't surprise us, Pete has always been built to coach today's types of players. He was just way ahead of his time.  It also was smart to start the savvy veteran backup rather than the young backup guy who has never shown anything when given the opportunity.  It should also be noted that his OC is also a McVay guy.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It actually shouldn't surprise us, Pete has always been built to coach today's types of players. He was just way ahead of his time.  It also was smart to start the savvy veteran backup rather than the young backup guy who has never shown anything when given the opportunity.  It should also be noted that his OC is also a McVay guy.  

That last point is key, so expect him (Shane Waldron) to be the top HC candidate for the work he's done with Geno and their offense.  He'll probably be Carolina's top target.  Unless Arizona fires Kingsbury...then expect him there, since he's a West Coast guy anyway...and that would make 3 of the 4 HCs in that division being McVay guys, including McVay himself.  And the other guy (Pete Carroll) traveled in the same circles as Kyle Shanahan's dad, Mike...while they never worked together, they both were in the Big 10 as coaches at the same time (Mike was MN's OC and Pete was the secondary coach for Ohio St) and both entered the NFL as coaches the same year (Mike as the Broncos WR coach and Pete as the Bills' DB coach). 

10 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Anyone want to raise their hand that they foresaw Seattle leading the NFC West after 7 weeks . . . With a 4-3 record?   

Holy smokes!!!!😳

Am I surprised that they are 4-3? Not really. 

Am I surprised that 4-3 puts anyone atop the NFC West? Yes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

No. The way the Buccaneers have been playing might be the most surprising aspect of this season, so far. 

Agree, especially considering their health isn't really an issue (they are about middle of the pack according to that graph I provided in another thread).  

On 10/24/2022 at 11:52 AM, vike daddy said:

I follow Jeopardy pretty closely, and at the time they were looking for a new host and Rodgers was in the running for it, he was not regarded well by the fanbase watching the show. He was rated about 5th in a group of 7.

He was perceived as (surprise!) arrogant, and had difficulties relating to the contestants.

Interesting.  As someone who didn't watch it,  I thought he was perceived to have done a lot better than that