Week 7: Vikings vs Bye Week

SteelKing728

7 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Haven't the Vikings struggled with that lately?

Zimmer’s teams always seems to come back from the bye week sluggish. They were 3-5 under Zim, but even the wins were usually sloppy. 

Frazier was horrendous, he not only went 0-3 after the bye, but the were out scored 108-27. 

Childress followed his mentor’s success, and went 4-1 out of the bye. With the only loss coming in 2010 when the wheels fell off. 

Tice also understood the assignment out of the bye week. With a 3-1 record. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Zimmer’s teams always seems to come back from the bye week sluggish. They were 3-5 under Zim, but even the wins were usually sloppy. 

Frazier was horrendous, he not only went 0-3 after the bye, but the were out scored 108-27. 

Childress followed his mentor’s success, and went 4-1 out of the bye. With the only loss coming in 2010 when the wheels fell off. 

Tice also understood the assignment out of the bye week. With a 3-1 record. 

for what it's worth, how did McVay do?

Fix the holes in zone at intermediate depth. Teams will continue to give themselves chances to score on the Vikings if they are allowed to march into the redzone because of soft coverage. They've been good/lucky so far, but I don't think that's sustainable.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Fix the holes in zone at intermediate depth. Teams will continue to give themselves chances to score on the Vikings if they are allowed to march into the redzone because of soft coverage. They've been good/lucky so far, but I don't think that's sustainable.

This. 100% this. I don't see how they can maintain the turnover and penalty and "we get to play against no starting OTs" luck over and over.

• Like 1

O'Connell said there's plenty of room for improvement going into the team's bye this week:

"Our players have done a lot to win football games that at times we're either trailing late in games or situationally have had to make some plays when it mattered the most. We can't rely on always being able to capitalize on some of those charming situations. We need to go finish those games ourselves with a little bit more consistency, a little bit better execution across the board, and a little bit better coaching by us."

https://www.vikings.com/news/report-card-entering-bye-week?fbclid=IwAR3EAmx_r16m286dqrsh5BdqDTxd2e0EKk3SJ-OWasWwgp03FwSyKkIgZN4

it could be argued that "little bit" is not the most accurate qualifier....

• Like 2

Well, we're technically 2-0 so far during the bye with GB and Det losing (though it would have been sweeter watching Dal lose). Will be even better when Chi goes down against NE.

Wish Jax could have pulled that off against NYG, had the lead until later in the 4th.

TB losing is great on many levels. Love seeing Brady get beaten.

ATL lost in the NFC as well, though i dont think they will be pushing for a playoff spot and doesnt affect us too much.

SF has the best D in the NFC by far but they are losing to KC and in danger of dropping to 3-4. 

19 minutes ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

SF has the best D in the NFC by far but they are losing to KC and in danger of dropping to 3-4. 

So, when do we start calling the 49er defense overrated? I  think the offense has been overrated for years, and I believe that Shanahan has a losing record as a head coach.