Trade Deadline Discussion

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Panthers should keep the fire-sale going and trade Matt Ioannidis to Philly, since Jordan Davis is supposedly going to miss around 5 weeks with an ankle sprain (if we/him are lucky), and Ioannidis is just a solid DT to add to the rotation even if Jordan wasn't going to miss any time. Not sure what he'd cost or what his contract is, but can't be anything crazy.

I actually think both Ioannidis and Foreman are getting extensions in Carolina. Both have played really, really well and could be bright spots for our rebuild.

12 minutes ago, Cypher said:

I actually think both Ioannidis and Foreman are getting extensions in Carolina. Both have played really, really well and could be bright spots for our rebuild.

Ioannidis turns 29 in Jan, so doesn't make much sense for a rebuilding team since he's probably only got 2 more good years left in him after this season.

I've mentioned before how the estabilished vet QB's (Wilson, Stafford, Brady, Rodgers) have been struggling

Broncos & Rams fans - would you rather your teams be buyers or sellers at the deadline? 

I ask only because your teams/QB's aren't that old and your theoretical window is a little longer.

Bucs/Packers have to either buy or stay put. The window is shorter for those 2 teams due to the QB's age

16 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I've mentioned before how the estabilished vet QB's (Wilson, Stafford, Brady, Rodgers) have been struggling

Broncos & Rams fans - would you rather your teams be buyers or sellers at the deadline? 

I ask only because your teams/QB's aren't that old and your theoretical window is a little longer.

Bucs/Packers have to either buy or stay put. The window is shorter for those 2 teams due to the QB's age

Sellers if I had to pick but that's more because I don't want to trade more draft capital on what I see as a lost season. I don't think we actually have anyone that would make sense to trade. If Van Jefferson wasn't just coming back from injury he could make sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Sellers if I had to pick but that's more because I don't want to trade more draft capital on what I see as a lost season. I don't think we actually have anyone that would make sense to trade. If Van Jefferson wasn't just coming back from injury he could make sense.

This isnt a lost season. The Rams are (3-4) with 10 games to go. Was it a lost season when the Niners were (2-4) losing four straight and five out of six? They legit was (3-5) to start the season and by the end of their season they were up 10pts in the 4th quarter of the NFCCG. The Rams got blown out three straight games last season then struggled to beat the Vikings, Ravens (without Lamar) and blew a 17pt lead to the Niners Week 18 and still won the Superbowl. So no I cant see how anyone would say this is a lost season for the Rams with 10 games to go knowing what just happened last season. All this is right now is a typical long season. The Rams will eventually figure things out.

Now to answer the question, the Rams need to be heavy buyers. Go get Kamara IF they cant get Hunt. Go get Chubb. If the Rams cant get both and just only had to get one Id go with Kamara. Kamara is similar to what CMC is and the Rams were heavy on him. I think Kamara on the Rams will make their running game and passing game super explosive. He is a big play waiting to happen every time he touches the ball and defenses will have to account for him as well as Kupp in the same way they had to account for Kamara and Thomas when Payton was the coach and that made the Saints offense big time.

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Buyers so I can skip the next 2 drafts and not pay attention to all things draft 

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

If they take on the salary I’d give ‘em 5

Any QB contract that takes up 1/5 the cap will cause extreme discomfort to improving the rest of the team. It's already slowly happening in Kansas City. It's happened in Green Bay.

givint QBs huge contracts backfires until they realize one of the reasons Brady wins is because he gives up more money so his teams can get better players around him. 

35 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

This isnt a lost season. The Rams are (3-4) with 10 games to go. Was it a lost season when the Niners were (2-4) losing four straight and five out of six? They legit was (3-5) to start the season and by the end of their season they were up 10pts in the 4th quarter of the NFCCG. The Rams got blown out three straight games last season then struggled to beat the Vikings, Ravens (without Lamar) and blew a 17pt lead to the Niners Week 18 and still won the Superbowl. So no I cant see how anyone would say this is a lost season for the Rams with 10 games to go knowing what just happened last season. All this is right now is a typical long season. The Rams will eventually figure things out.

The Rams offense is last in epa/play. The offense is worse than the 2016 team that has rookie Goff and Rob Boras calling plays. 

What the 49ers did last year has zero barring to us. The Broncos also started 3-4 last year and finished with 7 wins. They are a lot closer to the caliber of team we have shown to be versus the 2021 49ers. 

Edited by LeotheLion

58 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The Rams offense is last in epa/play. The offense is worse than the 2016 team that has rookie Goff and Rob Boras calling plays. 

What the 49ers did last year has zero barring to us. The Broncos also started 3-4 last year and finished with 7 wins. They are a lot closer to the caliber of team we have shown to be versus the 2021 49ers. 

Are you really going to compare a bad Broncos team with no QB last season to us? If we had Lock at QB with a coach on the hot seat eventually getting fired then yeah the season is lost. The Rams season isnt lost. We need to give McVay and this winning culture that was built more credit. If we had a losing culture with no QB and a lame duck coach then yeah I can see why you said the season is lost. No way the season is lost. No way the Rams cant turn things around. Not saying they are Superbowl contenders but fighting for the 7th seed Week 18 yeah I think that can happen.

All Im saying is we talk highly about the culture that has been set but yet most fans as soon as things dont look right want the team to bail. Thats not good. I know its frustrating losing and the team isnt playing all that well but I trust in the organization and with 10 games to go thats plenty of time for them to get healthy and figure things out enough to still put themselves in position at the end of the season to still make the playoffs and see what happens from there.

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls

we don’t miss brotha 🤝

Your obsession with the Jets is weird as a Jags fan.

And his comment is purely speculative, I listened to Moore's interview. THere has yet to be anything of exactly what is going on other than " there are things going on inside that we don't know about" and that he "loves his teammates and is there for them". 

His statement was  a dumb question, asking about his chemistry with Zach when he hasn't gotten the ball, so why would he be talking about chemistry when he doesn't get any plays? Completely speculative to say he wants off because of 1 player.  The Jets barely played Moore yesterday. 

If I was a Jags fan, I'd be more concerned that your team is 2-6 facing a weak schedule after having the 1st overall pick 2 years in a row.