Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

7 minutes ago, Sandy said:

It's a telling game right now. If we get blown out badly then we're probably going to throw in the towel on the season.

I'd still like Moore or Jeudy because they are young, under contract for a bit and would be moderately affordable. They'd be around to help turn the ship around next year, and to then usher in the Jordan Love era after that. But if we do get blown out, we might be simultaneously moving certain players. I just don't know who we would reasonably move that other teams might be interested in. 

We need a deep threat and even that isn't a cure-all.  If "Street Clothes" Watson could stay healthy he might be the guy.  Can you depend on him?????

32 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

We need a deep threat and even that isn't a cure-all.  If "Street Clothes" Watson could stay healthy he might be the guy.  Can you depend on him?????

it's scary how barren the cupboard really is at the position.  Complete failure by the FO.

By next season, I'd like to add two legitimate options in the passing game - one deep threat to compete with and push Watson, and one alpha, runs-the-full-route-tree type of receiver. Heck, a legitimate pass catching TE would be nice for the first time since Finley, but there's maybe 6-10 players like that at any given moment in the NFL

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not giving up a SRP for Hockenson.

I wouldn't either this season (given our record and upcoming schedule) but again, this is where Gute and a lot of Packer faithful are fundamentally flawed in their logic. Gute, and presumably you, have zero issue trading a 2nd round pick to move up in the draft to get Christian Watson but scoff at the notion of trading the exact same pick for a guy like Hockenson or Claypool, who are much better and established players. I guess your logic is that we get a longer contract with Watson by drafting him versus a guy in his 3rd or 4th year, but again, this cuts against the "win now" mode we've been in the last 3 years. 

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I wouldn't either this season (given our record and upcoming schedule) but again, this is where Gute and a lot of Packer faithful are fundamentally flawed in their logic. Gute, and presumably you, have zero issue trading a 2nd round pick to move up in the draft to get Christian Watson but scoff at the notion of trading the exact same pick for a guy like Hockenson or Claypool, who are much better and established players. I guess your logic is that we get a longer contract with Watson by drafting him versus a guy in his 3rd or 4th year, but again, this cuts against the "win now" mode we've been in the last 3 years. 

4 years of Christian Watson or 1.5 years of TJ Hockenson.  Which would you rather have?  I just don't believe that Hock is a big enough upgrade over Tonyan to justify sending a SRP for him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

4 years of Christian Watson or 1.5 years of TJ Hockenson.  Which would you rather have?  

Based on the current sample size, I'm not sure this answer is as easy as you're suggesting. Watson was a huge wildcard on draft night and 7 games in, I don't think that has changed whatsoever. Still a wait and see on him. 

Edited by packfanfb

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Based on the current sample size, I'm not sure this answer is as easy as you're suggesting. Watson was a huge wildcard on draft night and 7 games in, I don't think that has changed whatsoever. Still a wait and see on him. 

If my choice is to use a Day 2 pick on a player that my FO has evaluated or to get 1.5 years out of a good, but not great TE I'm taking the pick every single time.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

If my choice is to use a Day 2 pick on a player that my FO has evaluated or to get 1.5 years out of a good, but not great TE I'm taking the pick every single time.

would definitely be the best TE we have had since finley, and give us a middle of the field/RZ threat

Just now, CWood21 said:

But is he a SRP better than Robert Tonyan?

2nd rp will have 0 catches for 0 yards this year and won't help with blocking.

i think in 2020 he was a decent blocker but regressed last year. might help with the OL situation and bring more flexibility to the offense.

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

what do you think his value is in a non-divisional trade?

Depends on the team. Rams or a team that don’t particularly like using tight ends? Fourth round pick.

Team with a strong QB that would use him the price goes up.

Teams want players they trade to fail.

This is why the biggest trades the Packers have made have been to the Browns, Saints (when they sucked), Browns, Raiders…

We traded Brett Favre to the Jets.