2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

56 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

LeBron started chilling in the regular season in 2014. I agree that he has no case for being MVP in any season since then. But he's still been the league's best player a majority of those years.

Probably because it shortens their title window, and you aren't guaranteed a title because of his durability issues. People forget because of Kyrie and Ben but Durant has missed 72, 37, 27, and 15 games (out of only 54, while still injured) the last four years.

I mean in back to back years KD has guys fall into his knees randomly. It’s not like a AD issue where it’s always something different. Does anybody see KD slowing down anytime soon? KD and Tatum as duo is almost unmatched. Think that’s puts you clear cut favourite and for a few years at that. I’m moreso pointing out how it’s perceived to be non-discussion from what I’ve seen which is absurd. 

14 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean in back to back years KD has guys fall into his knees randomly. It’s not like a AD issue where it’s always something different. Does anybody see KD slowing down anytime soon? KD and Tatum as duo is almost unmatched. Think that’s puts you clear cut favourite and for a few years at that. I’m moreso pointing out how it’s perceived to be non-discussion from what I’ve seen which is absurd. 

He's 34 and has missed 151 games the last 3.5 years, when the cliff comes, it comes fast. At most you have a 3-year window with KD, and along with durability concerns he's coming off his worst postseason ever. I agree he makes them the favorite the next year or two but they have the best record in the NBA regardless.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Does Ben Simmons even like basketball?

I don’t know what wrong with him at this point. During that win streak he was progressing and showing encouraging signs and now he’s back how he was at the start of the year. It’s almost like he’s learning how to play basketball again. I hate speculating on these things

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

LeBron would’ve 8 peated with those Bills teams because he wouldn’t have quit to play another sport

I will definitely say he would have 6 rings right now if Kyrie didnt nuke the entire roster after 2016. If that Cavs team stayed together for 5+ more seasons, until present, they would have 2 more rings. Kyrie just decided against it and I will never forgive him for that.

Anyways fun thing I found....go to Google and type in LeBron James and hit search.

Edited by AkronsWitness

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I will definitely say he would have 6 rings right now if Kyrie didnt nuke the entire roster after 2016. If that Cavs team stayed together for 5+ more seasons, until present, they would have 2 more rings. Kyrie just decided against it and I will never forgive him for that.

Anyways fun thing I found....go to Google and type in LeBron James and hit search.

They were still a worse team than GS after they added Durant. I don't think Kyrie would've made a difference.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

It’s crazy though, Lebron hasn’t won an MVP since 2013 which is 10 years ago and to be honest it’s not like in that span he has a great argument for one.

On another note completely, I cannot for the life of me understand the amount of people I am seeing flat out be so against a KD trade to the Celtics and losing Jaylen Brown. And I know we’d want more than just Brown but my goodness. I’m convinced that it was a straight up 1-for-1 Celtics fans would still say no lmao. 

True! Chemistry means something in basketball. Don't want a dude who is on the tail end of his career for someone just entering his prime. Cs are already the favorites without KD.

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't think they should. Free agency is a crap shoot. Can they trust they'd sign a better player than Clarkson as a bench scorer and someone to take some pressure off LeBron?

If they can good solid players in their primes, they should do it. Don't waste another great LeBron/AD year. They shouldn't overpay, but 2 picks for 4 legit rotation pieces that fit perfectly with LeBron and AD is a very good move.

Even if they make this move they're likely going to flame out early in the playoffs, if they even make it. But they still should have some cap flexibility. 

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

They were still a worse team than GS after they added Durant. I don't think Kyrie would've made a difference.

Yeah but that GS team didnt stay together long and Durant has been on the Nets for 3-4 years now. The Cavs could have easily had 1-2 more rings from 2019-2023.

Side note: I dont think enough is being made of Nike brining back the Witness ad campaign last night when LeBron broke the record. That was a all-time ad campaign for a player and it should have never gone away.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

They beat the Warriors once after going down 3-1 in the finals, lol.