2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

It's not gonna happen, but he's the only guy we've heard of who can even theoretically come close.

Theoretically someone that has never averaged 30+ over the course of an entire season projects to average 30+ for 14-15 consecutive years from here on out?

Just now, NYRaider said:

Theoretically someone that has never averaged 30+ over the course of an entire season projects to average 30+ for 14-15 consecutive years from here on out?

No I mean he's the only guy we know of who even has a .0001% chance, because at least he's averaging 33 right now at a young age.

14 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

At the level Lebron continues to play at, load management being a thing now and just the overall longevity of his career, Lebron will most likely hold the scoring record longer than Kareem. 

oh for sure. this will not happen again, imo. 

3 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

No I mean he's the only guy we know of who even has a .0001% chance, because at least he's averaging 33 right now at a young age.

Jayson Tatum currently has 700 more points scored than Luka, is averaging 31 ppg, and is only a year older. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Jayson Tatum currently has 700 more points scored than Luka, is averaging 31 ppg, and is only a year older. 

And is even further behind the pace. Neither one is coming close.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

And is even further behind the pace. Neither one is coming close.

I know, I'm just saying that if you're going to say Luka "theoretically" has a chance to do it, you have to acknowledge that Tatum does as well. 

It'd take a crazy run for either to do it though, I'm assuming that LeBron and MJ are the only modern era players to average 30+ ppg at age 30 or older, could be wrong though.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I know, I'm just saying that if you're going to say Luka "theoretically" has a chance to do it, you have to acknowledge that Tatum does as well. 

It'd take a crazy run for either to do it though, I'm assuming that LeBron and MJ are the only modern era players to average 30+ ppg at age 30 or older, could be wrong though.

KD did 29.9 in 55 last year lol. He had the ability to challenge LeBron in a universe where he stays completely healthy and never leaves OKC.

I've never been one for GOAT debates, mostly because by the time I was born MJ's career was winding down (I'm 25 this year) and I'm not gonna try to debate for or against a guy that I only saw highlights and documentaries of being GOAT or not. LeBron is and probably will for a long time (if not forever) be the unquestionable greatest of the 21st century though. I think the argument for GOAT will never be settled and depends on how much you value the peak of MJ vs the longevity of LeBron. Both are valid arguments. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No one active has a theoretical chance at it even imo. If you quadrupled Luka's career to this point (20 seasons) he'd still be almost 5,000 points shy of LeBron today, and LeBron has at least two years left. Between durability, load management, starting hot, and being good enough to keep going there is no one I see even coming remotely close in the NBA today.