2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

True! Chemistry means something in basketball. Don't want a dude who is on the tail end of his career for someone just entering his prime. Cs are already the favorites without KD.

Tail end of his career? You mean like arguably the league’s best player? Let me put it to you like this, in 2-3 years KD will still easily be a better player than JB. You’ll come around to it sooner or later. 

49 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Tail end of his career? You mean like arguably the league’s best player? Let me put it to you like this, in 2-3 years KD will still easily be a better player than JB. You’ll come around to it sooner or later. 

For half the season, totally agreed. I need a guy available year round. No one is arguing that KD is the best player in the league, though. 

I'm also not disagreeing that KD is better than Jaylen Brown, but I'm not sure how a Nets fan can tell me that chemistry doesn't matter. 

https://kareem.substack.com/p/what-i-think-about-lebron-breaking?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=482856&post_id=81748776

Is there a better, realer dude than Kareem? I love how he values being a genuinely kind person without needing to hide behind that macho, grudge-happy persona that Kobe and MJ did to make people think being a **** to everyone was cool. I'd like to think that Kobe was gonna get there, but MJ is still the same self-aggrandizing schmuck who can't go on without pretending that petty grudges from 40 years ago still matter.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

https://kareem.substack.com/p/what-i-think-about-lebron-breaking?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=482856&post_id=81748776

Is there a better, realer dude than Kareem? I love how he values being a genuinely kind person without needing to hide behind that macho, grudge-happy persona that Kobe and MJ did to make people think being a **** to everyone was cool. I'd like to think that Kobe was gonna get there, but MJ is still the same self-aggrandizing schmuck who can't go on without pretending that petty grudges from 40 years ago still matter.

MJ's pettiness being lionized because he signed off on letting them make The Last Dance after Bron came back from 3-1, instead of the obvious reality that he was an all time elite player and all the screaming and yelling and being a bad person did not in literally any way contribute to them winning, is genuinely annoying to me. 

MJ's a bad person and people act like that's a reason he was so great as opposed to merely something that arose extraneously from it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

MJ's pettiness being lionized because he signed off on letting them make The Last Dance after Bron came back from 3-1, instead of the obvious reality that he was an all time elite player and all the screaming and yelling and being a bad person did not in literally any way contribute to them winning, is genuinely annoying to me. 

MJ's a bad person and people act like that's a reason he was so great as opposed to merely something that arose extraneously from it.

It's wild. He still carries himself like a total petty asshat and people love him for it.

I get it looking back at his playing career. A lot of this stuff wasn't as well known. But now?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

It's wild. He still carries himself like a total petty asshat and people love him for it.

I get it looking back at his playing career. A lot of this stuff wasn't as well known. But now?

He treats his own kids like dirt and I'm supposed to think that's just him being a tough competitor instead of a dude with a clear narcissistic personality disorder?

MJ's a bad dude, he's been a bad person for decades now, and he hasn't done anything off-court so egregious as to diminish what he did on it, but that sure as hell doesn't excuse his decades of petty, childish, absurdly cruel and vindictive behavior over grudges that at this point are decades old.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1