Delanie Walker officially retires as a Titan

-Hope-

figured this deserved its own thread and space for folks to appreciate what an incredible player delanie was. was a top 5 TE in his prime, monster of a blocker and receiver alike, and a bright spot on some really bad titans teams. i’m only sad that he didn’t get to experience much of the success the team’s had in recent years. congrats to him on a stellar career- we’ve sorely missed a TE of his caliber ever since.

Walker was AJ Brown before AJ Brown.  Impossible to cover, great after the catch and face palmed his share with his stiff arm.  Had he had a QB like Drew Brees throwing the ball he could have had consistent 1000 yard seasons.  He had one season over 1000 yards but had three others over 800 yards.  ONe of my favorite memories was when he waved off the OT and blocked JJ Watt (a real stud at the time) in pass protection and was perfect.  I agree, Delaney was better than Wycheck and I'm not sure it is close.  Wycheck was good, solid but Walker was prime.

Now....
Delaine is the better TE. Better athlete. More explosive.

However. Frank was a dependable as it could get. Wycheck still has better numbers a Titan. 
If I had to choose, I'd take Delaine. But on any given Sunday, whew. I don't think it's 10 out of 10. Maybe  6 out 10 or 7 out of t0 times I'd take Delaine. 

Wycheck just had a knack for getting open and moving the chains.
And Music City Miracle gives him a big boost. lol

But yeah, Delaine was unmatched. i wish we had him with this staff longer.  (so we could not use him. lol ) Just sad he had to play with such sucky teams. 

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Exceptional video...exceptional

Seems like forever ago that we were "that bad"...easy to forget what guys like Delanie, Woodyard, Orakpo, Ryan, Mariota, Murray, Jones, etc meant to the turnaround of this organization....love this team

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Wow. The feels.

Delanie was one of those players who was a light in the dark times, but then bridged us into the team and culture we are today.  Wish we could have had him for the last 3 years at that Pro Bowl level.

Also, I can't wait till we bring back them og unis one day. Gonna give me some real nostalgia.