Future of the HC Position

lumberjackchris

27 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

This sounds eerily familiar to 2006 when the Texans hired Gary Kubiak as their head coach with Charley Casserly still as GM. They worked together for the draft (of which DeMeco was our 2nd round pick) and free agency before leaving a few months later. I still think it'd be silly to get rid of Caserio, but the GM and HC have to be on the same page. Also, that 2006 draft we had was probably one of the best we've had in team history. Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans, Charles Spencer (who was great before injury), Eric Winston, Owen Daniels, Wali Lundy, and David Anderson. 

#facts + IIRC we added Mike Brisiel as an UDFA (he contributed a lil bit) as did Tramon Williams, but not with Htown

Edited by jch1911

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

And we ended up drafting a future HC in that draft…

I wonder if we’ll be talking about Jalin Hyatt as a potential Texans HC in 2040… 😆

It makes me want to go defense and bring in a vet QB for the year. I also really would like to bring back JJ Watt. I bet he’d do it if Ryan’s called 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It makes me want to go defense and bring in a vet QB for the year. I also really would like to bring back JJ Watt. I bet he’d do it if Ryan’s called 

Watt would still be under contract with Arizona - but with $14mm cap space and no cap penalty to release Watt, it’s possible he can negotiate a release.

5 minutes ago, Blaze said:

This is so Texans like. 😂. If they don't close this deal, the amount of rage they see will be like none other. 

I’m hoping they’re drafting up the presser and organizing interviews for his staff - but if we get a Mike Kafka or Ejero Evero announcement, I’m going to riot outside NRG…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m hoping they’re drafting up the presser and organizing interviews for his staff - but if we get a Mike Kafka or Ejero Evero announcement, I’m going to riot outside NRG…

I honestly dont think Cal would recover from that. 

• Like 2