Future of the HC Position

lumberjackchris

37 minutes ago, OzzyTexan said:

Lets GO!     Home run hire!

Aaron wilson mentions Marquad Manuel as a potential DC... Currently Jets Secondary coach. Would love that hire. Can't wait to see how this staff comes together.

How funny would if they hire him as DC to develop Stingley into an All-Pro while Sauce Gardner struggles going forward. lol

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 3:23 PM, ET80 said:
On 1/26/2023 at 6:52 AM, ET80 said:

So - I’ve long theorized that Hannah McNair is getting more involved in the process.

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/29/texans-coaching-search-hannah-mcnair-interviews/

So, my instinct seems to be on the right path. It just seems like we’re moving more decisively, we’re asking the right questions, our methods are deliberate and assured. Somebody has their hand on the wheel and we’re making the obvious choices - where in the past we did things so convoluted and indecisively, just no confidence that thinking was involved in any way.

I might not like Cal (I don’t dislike him, he’s just a simpleton) but I can get with #TeamHannah.

John McClain confirmed as much with Stoerner and The Show on 610 - said she is “smart and slick” and conducted a lot of the Q&A with all the candidates.

I always thought Hannah was an incredibly beautiful woman (it’s why I was interested in her - not the best reasons, but I like pretty brunettes) but she really caught my attention with her subtle notes and shots against Deshaun Watson during his legal issues. Adding this onto her resume only increases a newfound respect for her - if she’s the other hand guiding the ship, we’re gonna be sailing to a much better place.

A few more notes:

- Expect former Texans HC Gary Kubiak to join DeMeco’s staff as a Special Advisor (the same role Romeo Crennel held with the organization during the Bill O’Brien era). This is good for DeMeco, an experienced sounding board for the nuances of HC. 

- The betting favorites in the building for the OC job is Bobby Slowik, but expect Klint Kubiak (not Klay - the former passing game coordinator in Denver) to also get a lot of consideration for the role. People in the league say that Slowik is a future HC in waiting, he is impressive in developing QBs. Klint has some down years on his resume, but did put in a lot of good work with Kirk Cousins while in Minnesota.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ET80 said:

John McClain confirmed as much with Stoerner and The Show on 610 - said she is “smart and slick” and conducted a lot of the Q&A with all the candidates.

I always thought Hannah was an incredibly beautiful woman (it’s why I was interested in her - not the best reasons, but I like pretty brunettes) but she really caught my attention with her subtle notes and shots against Deshaun Watson during his legal issues. Adding this onto her resume only increases a newfound respect for her - if she’s the other hand guiding the ship, we’re gonna be sailing to a much better place.

A few more notes:

- Expect former Texans HC Gary Kubiak to join DeMeco’s staff as a Special Advisor (the same role Romeo Crennel held with the organization during the Bill O’Brien era). This is good for DeMeco, an experienced sounding board for the nuances of HC. 

- The betting favorites in the building for the OC job is Bobby Slowik, but expect Klint Kubiak (not Klay - the former passing game coordinator in Denver) to also get a lot of consideration for the role. People in the league say that Slowik is a future HC in waiting, he is impressive in developing QBs. Klint has some down years on his resume, but did put in a lot of good work with Kirk Cousins while in Minnesota.

So we bite Slowik for two years and when he takes a HC job, then we promote Klimt 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So we bite Slowik for two years and when he takes a HC job, then we promote Klimt 

Sign me up for this. Sign. Me. Up!

So, THIS is what it feels like to make good decisions and have a future…