Week 7 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Interesting to see so many blowout predictions. You know I can't recall a game where the 49ers got blown out with Jimmy starting/finishing. Especially at home. Miami game couple years back would be the closest. But it usually doesn't happen. 

Also, if Ryans was a bit of a miracle worker last year with a skeleton crew in the secondary. Hopefully he can prevent it from getting out of hand. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GW21 said:

I’ll say we win it 24-17

If Bosa and Ward are back, then I can definitely see this happening. Even with Moseley out, our corners should be able to do fine against KC's WRs. But if Ward is out? Then yeah, I'm not seeing it and obviously that does not even factor in Bosa...Who we have NO chance of winning without. 

Jimmy will need to be money on 3rd downs and we will need to control the TOP. Have not done a good job of that all season. 

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Bosa and Ward are back, then I can definitely see this happening. Even with Moseley out, our corners should be able to do fine against KC's WRs. But if Ward is out? Then yeah, I'm not seeing it and obviously that does not even factor in Bosa...Who we have NO chance of winning without. 

Jimmy will need to be money on 3rd downs and we will need to control the TOP. Have not done a good job of that all season. 

Getting Bosa and Ward back would be huge. I also read that Trent may be able to go as well. 

I wonder how far out Elijah is; he’s gotta be getting close I would think.

44 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Getting Bosa and Ward back would be huge. I also read that Trent may be able to go as well. 

I wonder how far out Elijah is; he’s gotta be getting close I would think.

Shanny said the hope is still post-bye week for Mitchell. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Interesting to see so many blowout predictions. You know I can't recall a game where the 49ers got blown out with Jimmy starting/finishing. Especially at home. Miami game couple years back would be the closest. But it usually doesn't happen. 

Also, if Ryans was a bit of a miracle worker last year with a skeleton crew in the secondary. Hopefully he can prevent it from getting out of hand. 

I hope Jimmy's ability to exists can save this team, but uncle mo seems like he is waiting for us in the bye week.

Then again, you are right about nobody giving this team a chance.  I don't think anyone has really felt this way since going into Monday night against the rams last year, and that worked out alright.

17 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Defense is just too hurt right now, which I think is the biggest driver of that. If Bosa, ward(s) etc are about to go, this will be much closer.  The offense can't score, we know that,  but I think the defense would be able to do something like buffalo did and hold them to 20-24. So I would project something like 24-15 in that instance.

That KC offense is the #1 scoring offense, #1 points per drive, #2 in dvoa, #2 in passing dvoa, #2 in epa per drop back. The defense couldn't even force an incompletion on Mariota (he simply missed the pass on his one incompletion). The game was probably shortened quite a bit by the running (each team ran sub 60 plays) and we know that Atlanta can't throw. The D gave up 21 points in ostensibly 7 drives (the 8th being the final drive to drain the clock) which would be last in the NFL if you did that for a full season (Detroit gives up the highest point per drive at 2.76). It wasn't a bad game defensively, but Atlanta isn't an offensive juggernaut. KC is. 

Ryans can certainly work some magic but that wouldn't be my expectation of course. Talent is talent. 

I agree that mostly this team is far more prone to losing games they shouldn't rather than they are getting blown out 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I would love to be proven wrong, but KC is the 4th healthiest team in the league and we're dead last.  That wouldn't be as big of a deal if we were playing a scrub team(although, we've lost those games too this year even when we had fewer injuries), but this is KC.  They can score at will.  It would absolutely blow my mind if the score is even close.  Heck, 10 points would be a close game to me.   

If our offense was gelling, I might have a different opinion.  I would just accept that it's going to be a high scoring game and the deciding factor would be whoever has the ball last, but that's just not the case.  This offense seems to be working off of talent alone with no identity.  Until I see something change, I don't feel confident about a single game, much less KC.

I'm just hoping that we get some guys back from injuries and take advantage of the fact that the NFC West, as a whole, has not had a great start to the season.  

• Like 1