Week 7 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

27 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Ah. Sometimes, when you go for that mortgage of the future, your income stream runs dry. TBF, though, I don't think that a banged up defense against the Chiefs after a long East Coast trip when we've been abysmal at home after East Coast trips in the past is indicative of future play. I do think that McCaffery will have some fun things drawn up for him with a couple of weeks. Looking forward to the stick/nod coming for some poor shmuck. It is very, very not worth the price, but I will enjoy the fun at times. Jimmy G remains Jimmy G. The path to a viable playoff quarterback seems very narrow. I am mildly pissed at the Rams for screwing themselves long term and us short term with the Stafford trade, lol. 

Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, Ravens, Bengals, Vikings are better than us. I'd put us as high as 7th, but that says more about how weak the NFL is this season. 

I'd put us as a top tier team 2 weeks ago, but we lost the last 2 games by a combined 35 points so its hard to say we're top tier now until we can turn the season around. Which is possible, but who knows

Edited by 49ersfan

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Offense moved the ball well all day but kept settling for FG's. Gave up too many sacks

Defense couldn't stop the Chiefs at all

Bosa, Williams, both Wards all came back but were either rusty or rushed back too quickly. None of them looked as good as they can be 

We're probably still one of the best teams in the NFC, but no match for the AFC's elite (Chiefs and probably Bills too)

Meh, we're still a very good defense for the most part. 

But the NFL is a game of match-ups when the talent level is pretty even.

The Chiefs are just a baaaaaad match-up for our defense for multiple reasons. 

Mahomes is Mahomes....'nuff said.

Kelce is bad match-up for our back seven. 

Their O-Line is good. 

Their offensive diversity is elite. 

We are a defense build upon speed and havoc. We want to get upfield and force your QB and skill players to play rushed and make mistakes. We're super aggressive with our front four and we make no bones about our intent on trying to live in your backfield. That works on most team because this is a pass-driven league. But you can scheme us into our own mistakes and use our aggressiveness against us if you're smart enough & dialed-in as a playcaller. Especially if your O-Line is worth a damn. 

Healthy or no, there are just teams that have cheat codes that even the best defenses can't properly contain for 4 quarters. Teams like the Chiefs, Bills, TB, & Eagles all have offenses that have different ways to migate our defensive strengths for different reasons. I'd add Miami as well if Tua is healthy. 

It was a bad day at the office scheme wise for this defense today. And they definitely performed liked they've been on the east coast for two weeks.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Do you mean, u don’t disagree with him? Because I don’t, we have way too many good players for us to struggle. 

I don't agree that the locker room is turning on shanny right now. But I hate that is a legit talking point now

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

OUCH, and he went back in and played, much respect to him, played through it.

Also, a lot of football left to be played, TB & GB are both 3-4 also, and they're the SB Fav darlings by the media like BSPN & NFL Network, and LA is 3-3. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't agree that the locker room is turning on shanny right now. But I hate that is a legit talking point now

I don't think Shanahan has lost the locker room at all, players are frustrated, and guys like Kittle are very emotional, they love football, love winning, it's frustrating, but I don't think he's lost the locker room despite what another website's forum is saying.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

If you asked me to guess which 49er we signed on Thursday, I would’ve said everyone not named McCaffrey. 

Offense wasn't the issue, neither was Kyle, this loss is on the defense, no way we could keep up with KC & Mahomes if the defense, who is supposed to be top tier, can't stop KC, or limit them to FG attempts.

But not saying Shanny isn't at fault, he's being too conservative at times, we went up-tempo, and things were clicking, we need to do that earlier.

Edited by 49erscap

2 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I don't think Shanahan has lost the locker room at all, players are frustrated, and guys like Kittle are very emotional, they love football, love winning, it's frustrating, but I don't think he's lost the locker room despite what another website's forum is saying.

This is how I view it as well. 

• Like 1