Week 7 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Also, a lot of football left to be played, TB & GB are both 3-4 also, and they're the SB Fav darlings by the media like BSPN & NFL Network, and LA is 3-3. 

I'm not that worried. This loss was brutal and makes me evaluate how good we are we compared to the likes of the bills and chiefs, but the division is still easily winnable 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not that worried. This loss was brutal and makes me evaluate how good we are we compared to the likes of the bills and chiefs, but the division is still easily winnable 

I actually predicted us to get curb stomped. That team is just a bad match-up for us defensively. We have to execute at a very high level to slow down that offense. We were anything but today.

Offensively, we did what we always do....just enough. That's adequate against most teams. Not enough against the elite ones.

Edited by 757-NINER

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ok lets say the Niners capitalize on the weak NFC in the playoffs and advance to the SB where they'll just get stomped by either the Bills or Chiefs? I've been there done that and thus ain't good enough for me!

2 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Ok lets say the Niners capitalize on the weak NFC in the playoffs and advance to the SB where they'll just get stomped by either the Bills or Chiefs? I've been there done that and thus ain't good enough for me!

Golden State warriors are starting up. 

55 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I don't think Shanahan has lost the locker room at all, players are frustrated, and guys like Kittle are very emotional, they love football, love winning, it's frustrating, but I don't think he's lost the locker room despite what another website's forum is saying.

Word. Squad was in the NFC title game last year following the 3-5 start, and now they're turning their back on their head coach? Ain't buying it. 

Long season ahead. This game was just a worst case scenario. The 49ers can get their head out of their *** just like last year. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Word. Squad was in the NFC title game last year following the 3-5 start, and now they're turning their back on their head coach? Ain't buying it. 

Long season ahead. The 49ers can get their head out of their *** just like last year. 

Yes they sure as hell can win but it's hard when you don't have a reliable QB who can finish drives in the endzone. I'd be confident if the QB play was elite but that's not even close and it basically gets you also ran results!

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ruined two seasons. Next year we still have to go through his rookie growing pains 

It was about the worst case scenario, losing him for the season. Being just the right side of mediocre and having your quarterback (hopefully) learning in a pretty good environment on a rookie contract is one thing. Doing that while having much less of a chance of that guy developing before you have a decision to make on him (and doubling down on the season largely because of a fluky Green Bay game the previous year) is pretty close to the worst case scenario. You lost all of the cost-controlled assets that were coming your way for developing coaching talent (and more). You still don't have the assets that you gave up to get the quarterback. And that would be fine - when you do that, the guy's on a rookie deal and will be surrounded by a playoff roster because you have cap space instead of rookies as your cap maneuvering tool. But it is only fine if you are getting at least a mediocre NFL quarterback on that rookie contract with a shot physically at being a second contract guy when your veterans' contracts expire. And the chance of that gamble being correct are looking very, very slim now. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lol not a good look

He's always been a bit blase when hot. The best guys know. They know when there's an unblocked guy. They know that guy's theirs. They know which direction in the pocket they have to fade to buy time when overloaded. They know both that they are hot and what their hot options are. Jimmy struggles a couple of parts of that. Jimmy struggles with the fading - he just doesn't do it most of the time because he is so bad off platform; he just trusts that he can quick release that sucker before getting killed. Jimmy also occasionally doesn't seem to know that an unblocked guy is coming and is his too often. Jimmy does at least know what his hots are most of the time (and there seem to be obvious hots - watching some Nagy tape last year was hilarious in this regard). 

• Like 3