Week 7 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

I think someone posted a tweet here about how Kyle has lost one too many of his (assistant) coaches in the off-season and I think a lot of that is starting to bleed through. I think a lot of his play calling is vanilla. I really wonder if he would bring in someone to help him or even bring in a possible OC to help. I know he always promotes from within for the most part, but Kyle needs a hand for sure. I know nothing will more than likely happen this year, but if we don’t make the playoffs 😬 it won’t be a good look for sure. 

Yesterday I thought Demeco gave Kelce way too many free releases off the line of scrimmage. Kelce's timing with Mahomes is already incredible. But if you don't use any press coverage against Kelce you're not going to disrupt their timing at all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SFrush said:

Yesterday I thought Demeco gave Kelce way too many free releases off the line of scrimmage. Kelce's timing with Mahomes is already incredible. But if you don't use any press coverage against Kelce you're not going to disrupt their timing at all.

Here's the thing...

Andy Reid just beat the hell out of Demeco yesterday. All there is to it, tbh. Reid planned the hell out of that game. The way he took Nick Bosa out (for the most part) was pretty impressive. 

It happens. Andy Reid is one of the greatest of all time and he's got a QB who may ultimately end up being one of the best ever as well. 

He's going to embarrass a lot of defensive coordinators. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

Here's the thing...

Andy Reid just beat the hell out of Demeco yesterday. All there is to it, tbh. Reid planned the hell out of that game. The way he took Nick Bosa out (for the most part) was pretty impressive. 

It happens. Andy Reid is one of the greatest of all time and he's got a QB who may ultimately end up being one of the best ever as well. 

He's going to embarrass a lot of defensive coordinators. 

Yeah that's really all there is to it. The offense definitely didn't help matters, but they wouldn't have been able to keep up.. even without the deflating goal line INT that sent the game into a downward spiral

I heard the 49ers defensive performance EPA was the 2nd worst since 2000. Which is saying something given some of the defenses that have taken the field the last 22 years. 

You ain't winning any game like that no matter who your quarterback is and what play makers you have. Chiefs should have had 47 points if it wasn't for the missed FG. 

EDIT: Here is the tweet.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Something someone else brought up that I had completely forgotten about is that the 49ers have really struggled to solidify the C spot since Weston Richburg went down. In Kyle's offense, just like in Bill's old offense the C makes all the protections/checks instead of the QB at the line. And really, Weston was just a good player at C, and the 49ers haven't bounced back since. A gapping hole at offense. 

And what big time name at C has entered the market since then? Corey Lindsley and David Andrews? Lindsley signs with the Chargers for that massive deal, and David Andrews resigns with the Patriots. Then Shanahan has just completely neglected C in the draft to the point where he'll get other players who have played different positions in college just to move to C. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Something someone else brought up that I had completely forgotten about is that the 49ers have really struggled to solidify the C spot since Weston Richburg went down. In Kyle's offense, just like in Bill's old offense the C makes all the protections/checks instead of the QB at the line. And really, Weston was just a good player at C, and the 49ers haven't bounced back since. A gapping hole at offense. 

And what big time name at C has entered the market since then? Corey Lindsley and David Andrews? Lindsley signs with the Chargers for that massive deal, and David Andrews resigns with the Patriots. Then Shanahan has just completely neglected C in the draft to the point where he'll get other players who have played different positions in college just to move to C. 

I really think the Mack retirement caught them off guard. 

I am not sure why, Mack even said right after signing here that he thought he would retire but then Kyle called and he thought he would give it a shot to win a ring. 

• 1 month later...